Rugby Union of Texas - ARU Feeder- Final Wrap

GotPixels

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last chance for the Ft. Worth crew. I have picked the one that I like, but I'm giving the opportunity to change my mind. :D

Here's the list again.

Cowtown RFC

Cowtown Herd RFC

Cowtown United Rugby

Panther City Elite RFC

Panther City Rugby

Ft. Worth Liberators RFC

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Guest darkpiranha

I absolutely love the overall look of the Griffins... but you've got just an eagle as the logo, and no trace of a lion. A griffin is half lion, half eagle.

I absolutely love the overall look of the Griffins... but you've got just an eagle as the logo, and no trace of a lion. A griffin is half lion, half eagle.

One of several examples that I researched. More of an eagle head, as opposed to lion.

griffin.png

Last chance for the Ft. Worth crew. I have picked the one that I like, but I'm giving the opportunity to change my mind. :D

Here's the list again.

Cowtown RFC

Cowtown Herd RFC

Cowtown United Rugby

Panther City Elite RFC

Panther City Rugby

Ft. Worth Liberators RFC

The ones in red are best.

Speaking for the younger generations of Fort Worthians, I think it's time we start moving past the "Cowtown" image...

Great sets, BTW. But how come you didn't use the Pegasus for Dallas instead?

pegasus-dallas-1.jpg

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Great sets, BTW. But how come you didn't use the Pegasus for Dallas instead?

pegasus-dallas-1.jpg

Yep, I thought about it. Iconic and would totally fit. I went with history in choosing Griffins. The Griffins was a Texas League baseball team 1902. In hindsight, Pegasus probably would have been a better choise.

Guest darkpiranha

One of several examples that I researched. More of an eagle head, as opposed to lion.

griffin.png

Right. You've got the eagle part down. I'm just looking at the logo and I see eagle wings, eagle talons, eagle tail feathers. A griffin needs to have some part of it be lion-ish. Like the tail and back feet in the reference image. Of course, it doesn't HAVE to have that because you can make whatever you want, but if you're going to call it a griffin, lion parts are what make a griffin a griffin.

griffin.png

Right. You've got the eagle part down. I'm just looking at the logo and I see eagle wings, eagle talons, eagle tail feathers. A griffin needs to have some part of it be lion-ish. Like the tail and back feet in the reference image. Of course, it doesn't HAVE to have that because you can make whatever you want, but if you're going to call it a griffin, lion parts are what make a griffin a griffin.

Thanks DP. I will dive further into it.

Guest darkpiranha

Awesome. But you're going to cause Red Wings, Flyers fans' heads to explode as they try to figure out what they're looking at.

For the holes in the D, it might not work, but what does it look like if you use the white R and U to fill those same spaces?

Awesome. But you're going to cause Red Wings, Flyers fans' heads to explode as they try to figure out what they're looking at.

For the holes in the D, it might not work, but what does it look like if you use the white R and U to fill those same spaces?

This is just a quick mockup. More details to come. I'm not working with the proper tools to do what I need to do!

Lubbock is cool. The black, blue and red look nice together. I think the extra wing across the belly is a bit overkill considering you already have wings on the shoulder for Dallas. Nice job!

Thanks. I agree on the wings for the Dallas concept. I'm reworking it.

Archived