Rugby Union of Texas - ARU Feeder- Final Wrap

GotPixels

Are they going to be sponsored by Mobil, as their logo is/was a red pegasus?

!CB3rdIwEWk~$(KGrHqEOKicEzP9,yYK+BNJQWyrqKw~~_35.JPG

The city raised a new one in 2000. Money was contributed by many different companies including Mobil toward the project. The city maintains it through a private foundation. So, I'm fairly certain that it would be alright to have any sponsor attached.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey GotPixels. Just wanted to say that all your concepts have been great so far. Very original.

And I certainly prefer the Red Flyers concept to the Griffins for Dallas. I wish I had known about the Pegasus sign, I would have used it in my Dallas concept (which is still to come).

as a proud dallas kid, i was totally not sold on the griffins at all.

you've won me over. i'd buy flying reds stuff in a heart beat. i love the pegasus, and wish more dallas sports teams would use that imagery.

(for instance, mini-rant, if the stars wanted to use a constellation for their alternate jersey in the mooterus era, why'd the butcher taurus? we aren't ft worth. pegasus is already a constellation. one that makes sense for DALLAS STARS.)

Hey GotPixels. Just wanted to say that all your concepts have been great so far. Very original.

And I certainly prefer the Red Flyers concept to the Griffins for Dallas. I wish I had known about the Pegasus sign, I would have used it in my Dallas concept (which is still to come).

Thanks nas, I appreciate it.

I have to give credit to a guy from Ft. Worth who pointed out the obvious to a guy from Dallas.

:lol:

as a proud dallas kid, i was totally not sold on the griffins at all.

you've won me over. i'd buy flying reds stuff in a heart beat. i love the pegasus, and wish more dallas sports teams would use that imagery.

(for instance, mini-rant, if the stars wanted to use a constellation for their alternate jersey in the mooterus era, why'd the butcher taurus? we aren't ft worth. pegasus is already a constellation. one that makes sense for DALLAS STARS.)

Thanks, and I totally agree about the Stars.

Guest darkpiranha

Love the logo. The home and away kits are okay, but I think there needs to be more curves and pointy parts in all the kits, like in the alt. And besides, the stripe crossing his junk is a little uncomfortable to look at. It's like a harness that's not quite far enough over. But logo and colors and alt are perfect.

Love the logo. The home and away kits are okay, but I think there needs to be more curves and pointy parts in all the kits, like in the alt. And besides, the stripe crossing his junk is a little uncomfortable to look at. It's like a harness that's not quite far enough over. But logo and colors and alt are perfect.

40648975.jpg

Well, I wasn't intending to make anyone stare at the guy's junk. It was just a continuation of the lines in my eyes. Sorry that your eyes, saw junk. Lol.

Guest darkpiranha

40648975.jpg

Well, I wasn't intending to make anyone stare at the guy's junk. It was just a continuation of the lines in my eyes. Sorry that your eyes, saw junk. Lol.

lol It wasn't so much the junk itself, but that the position of the stripe made me imagine the pain of a harness strap (like for a parachute or greenscreen flying rig) positioned just a wee bit too far over. My brain wants to tell the guy, "Hey, adjust that thing a little bit to your left..."

But let this be a lesson to everyone. Junk must be protected, even in graphic design.

Phenomenal work all around, GotPixels! Are you going to do that Gulf Coast Rugby thing next?

Also, I really like the Dukes concept to the point where I'm still considering just not doing New Orleans with the second division of the ARU (or whatever it winds up being called).

sport-scarf_devils_zps117fda40.png

Phenomenal work all around, GotPixels! Are you going to do that Gulf Coast Rugby thing next?

Also, I really like the Dukes concept to the point where I'm still considering just not doing New Orleans with the second division of the ARU (or whatever it winds up being called).

Thanks Dandy and no I wont be doing the Gulf Coast thing. I'm going to finish this one by adding the expansion clubs and call it a day. I have those clubs listed on page one.

Guest darkpiranha

Hey! Shreveport always gets the teams. Lake Charles is getting ready to be a boom town, so they need some love. The Crawboys are due.

Archived