All American Basketball Association

TShaw528

I'm planning on creating a full feeder league for the NBA. As it is, the D-League simply is irrelevant. Some of the teams are linked with one NBA team, while other D-League teams are feeders for 4-5 NBA teams. It also is more for players who don't want to play college ball, than for teams to send inexperienced players to.

This concept will be designed with the thought that the D-League does not exist. (Otherwise, I'd of ran out of markets pretty quickly)

All American Basketball Association

eQZrL6v.png

GslULBc.png

Squares = West Conference Circles = East Conference

Each color is a division

(I changed a few teams, the ones listed below are accurate and may not match the map until I get around to updating it)

Here is a list of NBA teams followed by their AABA team.

• Boston: Connecticut Harpoons
  • Brooklyn: Syracuse Emeralds
  • New York: Trenton Minutemen
  • Philly: Lehigh Valley Venom
  • Toronto: Ottawa Yetis

• Chicago: Iowa Dusters
  • Cleveland: Columbus Castles (Formerly Kings)
  • Detroit: Pittsburgh Torque
  • Indiana: St. Louis Arches
  • Milwaukee: Louisville Derby

• Atlanta: Birmingham Bulldogs
  • Charlotte: Durham Dragons
  • Miami: Tampa Bay Great Whites
  • Orlando: Virginia Beach Seagulls
  • Washington: Baltimore Captains

• Denver: Boise Mountaineers
  • Minnesota: Fargo Stampede
  • Oklahoma City: Tulsa Twisters
  • Portland: Honolulu Surf (Formerly Luau)
  • Utah: Las Vegas Aces

• Golden State: San Fransisco Gold Rush
  • Clippers: Reno Giants
  • Lakers: San Diego Crocodiles
  • Phoenix: Albuquerque Aztecs
  • Sacramento/Seattle: Vancouver Rapids (Formerly Seattle Downpour)

• Dallas: Kansas Golden Tigers
  • Houston: Austin Matadors
  • Memphis: Nashville Guitars
  • New Orleans: Little Rock Boulders
  • San Antonio: Omaha Ranchers

I'm open to taking name suggestions, some are a bit random and unorthodox, and I don't care for them all. I might try to rearange the divisions/move some teams, because geographically the league is not overly well organized.

I'll post teams in a random order, unless anyone has a request.

You should probably change honolulus name to maybe the Pearls or Dolphins.

Yeah, I agree I'm not caring for the name Luau anymore. Maybe Surf would work?

With the pending move of Sacramento to Seattle, would that have an effect on team locations and affiliations?

(This is a cool idea, by the way.)

I was actually thinking about this earlier. Sacramento might get Portland's minor league team, and Honolulu would be the team for Seattle, or I might use Vancouver instead. If I were to move a minor league team to Vancouver, it would have to be Seattle's. Portland would then be linked with Honolulu. I'd hate to screw over the city of Sacramento, but it would be kind of weird to replace an NBA team with a AABA (Might change that name) minor league team.

Edit: Since it's pretty much been confirmed that Sacramento is moving to Seattle, I'll design the teams with this in mind. Vancouver it is.

Here's my first stab at the Austin Matadors. I've had this logo for a while, and was never really sure what to do with it, so I angled the horn a bit and based the Jersey around it.

ONoCwfF.png

This is the home. They wear tan, not white, at home and probably Red on the road. I'll wait for some C&C before designing their other sets.

KNtwO6t.png

Home games are played at Cedar Park Center, which holds about 6,800.

The Columbus Siege (I changed their name from Castles. I think Siege sounds more intimidating)

They play their home games at the (Currently) unoccupied Battelle Hall, which holds about 6,500. They have a color scheme of Grey, Orange, and Green.

Logo:

qcxkTSL.png

Home:

0pa2dwP.png

Road:

PPIWcPG.png

Alts:

8DRwoil.png

JEvORz1.png

I could use some C&C. While I like the striping, I'd like to use all three colors on each set, but it looks kinda weird that way, least the combos I've tried.

(Notice the battlements on the sleeves?)

The Austin teams. Reds to have some workmark. Just the bull head is not enough. For the Siege, I think you should hit the drawing boards again. It just looks too modern for a team named with a medieval theme. Personally, I would go back to Castles and design a medieval type uni. That's just my opinion though.

The Austin teams. Reds to have some workmark. Just the bull head is not enough. For the Siege, I think you should hit the drawing boards again. It just looks too modern for a team named with a medieval theme. Personally, I would go back to Castles and design a medieval type uni. That's just my opinion though.

I kinda like the Matador's uni w/out a wordmark (Plus I tried to make a decent wordmark and failed miserably).

I agree with the Castles thing, though. Green and Orange don't really work well for a Castle type of team. I might use that striping for some other team, though.

Major change. Completely redid the whole set, I like how it turned out. Pretty simple, but not plain.

BTW, the castle on the pants says "Columbus Castles" on the base. It's just too small to make out. That's what the purple blobs near the bottom of it are.

Home

1TpX36U.png

Road

WGCUjIO.png

No alternates at this time

I think the names on the jerseys should be much larger than that. Also, it's either the red on the logo or the tan on the jerseys that's looking kinda odd to me in the Austin set. I think you should put "Matadors" above the bull head and a large M behind the bull. This concept has potential, just keep trying on the logos and the rest will come.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived