EuroBasket 2013

Philsphan

Belgrade

The Wolves have had a bizarre history. After being founded in 1975, Belgrade won two EuroBasket championships during their glory years, 1984 and 1986. When war broke out in Yugoslavia, Belgrade originally planned to remain in Belgrade to support the country, but the EuroBasket commissioner ruled that Belgrade would have to move after fighting escalated. For 10 years, the Wolves played in Munich, being called the "Bayern Wolves." When peace was restored and Serbia became a country, the Wolves returned to Belgrade. Throughout these years, Belgrade/Bayern remained a top-flight club. Because the Wolves have fans in two major cities, they just have "Wolves" written on their jerseys. Belgrade still occasionally plays in Munich and Wolves-Munchen games have a derby-like feel.

Belgrade_zpscbe78986.png

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Istanbul

Istanbul, promoted to the EuroBasket for the first time in 2010, has remained in the top flight for the past three years. Founded in 1994, Istanbul's rise to success has been quick. Istanbul has never won a European title, but competes fiercely in the Turkish Cup every year. Istanbul wears red and white and uses a crescent and a basketball for their logo to reflect Turkey's Islamic culture. Istanbul's arena is new and pretty nice. Istanbul has struggled to bring fans into the arena because of high ticket prices.

Istanbul_zpsfbffcaf6.png

Guest darkpiranha

Great series. Way to bring it on home. Now you need to take all of these and do them digitally. I really want to see these with crisp clean edges and colors, and detail in the logos.

I'd also accept a second division rolled out just like this one. You can take tomorrow off, but we'd better have something new posted by Tuesday.

k. thanks for clarifying Philsphan. Shows how much European history Ive had so far lol. Can we expect to see some updates in the future? cause the wolves logo looks like an ant yelling.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Guest darkpiranha

cause the wolves logo looks like an ant yelling.

Spit my drink out on that one. Yeah, many of these are great concepts, but we're having to use our imaginations to visualize what these will look like when done up properly.

Great series. Way to bring it on home. Now you need to take all of these and do them digitally. I really want to see these with crisp clean edges and colors, and detail in the logos.

Thank you and I would love to see it digitally too, but I don't have any digital programs.

I'd also accept a second division rolled out just like this one. You can take tomorrow off, but we'd better have something new posted by Tuesday.

I hope this is a joke, because there's no way I'm doing a second divison. I posted 20 teams and got less than one comment per team. Not worth it.

cause the wolves logo looks like an ant yelling.

Spit my drink out on that one. Yeah, many of these are great concepts, but we're having to use our imaginations to visualize what these will look like when done up properly.

hahaha! that's funny! I do realize that though. I did get the photoshop trial and its not impressive; id rather stick to hand-drawn ideas. Heck, this series may just inspire me to continue my football series. anyway, it was good series. Sorry you didn't give more c+c on these. That's why my series is (or was) at a standstill.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Guest darkpiranha

I hope this is a joke, because there's no way I'm doing a second divison. I posted 20 teams and got less than one comment per team. Not worth it.

No joking. And just because you didn't get a lot of comments doesn't mean it was ignored or worth doing. The America League and Jabberwockey Hockey only got a couple of comments each per entry, and one of those was usually me, and those are considered "hits".

I hope you don't NOT do something just because you don't think it will get a lot of C&C. Do a project because it's something you want to do and will help you grow as an artist. You've got a FINISHED series here, which is a major accomplishment, because so many of them stall out.

These sorts of 100% original creations rarely get a lot of comments because it's harder for people to get riled up enough to post about something that they have no long-standing connection to. Most of the posts with lots of comments are of redesigned logos or jerseys, which always get people to come out of the woodwork.

Anyway, I thought this was a great series and I enjoyed it from day one, and would hope you continue it or refine it in some fashion.

Keep doing what you're doing, man. Keep honing and refining your work. Learn whatever you can however you can. You've come a long way in less than a year.

rATMcmK.png

Archived