illwauk

This concept was inspired by the rumors that ownership of the U.S. Cellular Arena (nee, The MECCA)

will be transferred from the Wisconsin Center District to the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee athletic department (one state instuitution to another). It's basically the famous Robert Indiana-designed floor (which was still in place when the Panthers first called the MECCA home) in the Panthers colors. I figured that while a "blackwood" court would certianly be bold, it's also quite tame compared to some of the stuff we've seen over the past couple years (Oregon, FIU, etc.).

mke_bb_floor_zps066d7e55.png

(Please ignore the crappy markings on the template... I didn't notice it until after I'd started)

Love the throwback to the old MECCA, and you've also peaked my interest in grayscale flooring. If I remember correctly you completely loathe the UW-M identity, aside from the standing/sweatshirted panther (which I agree, is absolutely beautiful). I'd love to see what this court might look like with their actual logos, though I prefer yours.

I would have to see how a gray-ish court looks in real life to know if I would like it or not, but as a concept, it is an interesting idea. I'd say it is better than the old multi-colored MECCA floor, which is a classic in its own ugly way. Gray could work given UWM's color scheme and the yellow lines really pop out, which is why this could work.

Like mccrosby said, I would also like to see their real Panther-oval logo at center court. I personally find that logo to be totally fine, not perfect, but it is definitely better than lots of other mid-major college logos.

cell_floor_valley_zpse56417d2.png

I may do one with the oval Panther later, but for now I swapped out my logo for the official monogram the school's been using. I also swapped out the Horizon League logo for the Missouri Valley's per the request of someone at another forum.

Archived