Hand Drawn NBA Redesign

mattb6

I've had these in a sketch book for a couple years (made in 2010 if i'm correct) but i decided to update them after i did the same with the mavericks for the contest. Some have been left untouched, some updated. C&C welcome, along with anything else. (NO PARTICULAR ORDER)

DALLAS MAVERICKS:

http://s1251.photobu... Contest?sort=3 (the sheet is from what i entered in the contest, the others won't be as fancy...)

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS: http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh551/mattberning61/image_zps19b10210.jpg

PHOENIX SUNS: momentarily.....

spacer.png

DALLAS MAVERICKS:

Well for the Mavs, i decided to keep it simple. The green and blue returns from the 80s and 90s and the script is my modified version of their old curly font. It's a bit more detailed than the others will be because I entered this in the contest on Mark Cuban's blog.

http://s1251.photobucket.com/user/mattberning61/slideshow/Mavericks%20Contest?sort=3

(most others will be directly posted, just have many different views, etc.

spacer.png

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS:

This was the first draft i came up with, with 4 different samples. You guy's favorite design, i will run with.

image_zps19b10210.jpg

(it goes 1 2

3 4 for the numbers. comment your favorite, and the majority one i will run with and make a final product! any suggestions welcomed as well!

spacer.png

I love hand drawn concepts; they give more creativity (in some ways). For the Mavericks, you may wanna try and improve the hat because it kinda looks like a... well, I'm not going to go into detail. It just needs a bit of a redwsign so to speak. For Golden State, the Bottom left looks like one of the Christmas uni's they used this past year (all were horrible), the bottom right looks a bit too much like a Lakers throwback, and the top right looks like the Nuggets alt. The first choice is your best option.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I love hand drawn concepts; they give more creativity (in some ways). For the Mavericks, you may wanna try and improve the hat because it kinda looks like a... well, I'm not going to go into detail. It just needs a bit of a redwsign so to speak. For Golden State, the Bottom left looks like one of the Christmas uni's they used this past year (all were horrible), the bottom right looks a bit too much like a Lakers throwback, and the top right looks like the Nuggets alt. The first choice is your best option.

ya.... i thought that. i just couldn't figure out how to make the hat look good enough without taking too much away from the script. And if you think bottom left looks to Christmasy, just think Golden State. That's what i was trying to get across. and lakers throwback? im not sure what your seeing besides the dropshadow....

spacer.png

It seems like a mixture of their old blue lakers unis (script) and the "magic Johnson" era unis. I do understand the idea of the golden uniforms, but if you make the script and numbers gold instead of white, then it would be a good alternate.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

PHOENIX SUNS:

Just goes to show how old these are, used Nash as an example....

EXAMPLE ONE:

image_zpsc204a9f5.jpg

EXAMPLE TWO:

image_zpsd071b744.jpg

EXAMPLE THREE:

image_zps2f6ecb41.jpg

Comment your favorite of the 3 and i will run with that one. And i need more C&C on the warriors...

spacer.png

Archived