Can someone tell me how to improve this logo?

Bayne

I've posted this evolution of my logo for a book cover in another thread, but I get the feeling it would probably be overlooked if I put this back in there. Basically I've been tweaking this thing for weeks now and I think I'm close but just not quite hitting the nail on the head. I'm at a loss for what the logo design needs to push it over the edge. I've been looking at it back and forth for too long so maybe some fresh eyes are what is needed?

JPEGEst96NewFootballBeginsFINALremake25052013_zpsf29a7e58.jpg

Any suggestions?

To me it looks a tiny bit too bare. Almost like it's missing something little.....I dunno.

Btw I'm deliberately not including info on what this is relating to exactly as I'm not really concerned with that, just the elements of the logo that might be missing or should be changed etc.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

A book. I'll just say it's soccer related. And it's for historical reference purposes for a certain club. That's it!

btw that weird shape is Western Australia....incase someone gets confused.

I've said too much already.

lol too much?

I had the logo without a lot of gradient to begin with, but it looked incredibly flat.

Ok well I went back and removed the gradient elements and stripped it right back. I added the drop shadow effect and emphasised the title a bit more. It does look much better than all that gradient doesn't it? I didn't expect to end up altering it so much but I think I've made the right choice.

Still a work in progress...

JPEGEst96NewFootballBeginsFINALremakeno225052013_zpsd0089861.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got this finished after about 2 months on it off and on. I'm not doing any more to it - I think it looks good.

EST1996-NFB-Final-Logo_zps64d6ea28.jpg

Archived