Newer Light-Colored Alts in NBA-Worn Only at Home?

rebelx

Is it just me, or were the four light colored alts introduced this season (Cleveland's Gold, Denver's Gold, Golden State's Gold, and San Antonio's Silver) all worn only or mainly at home by the teams that had them? This is odd because, of course, for a couple decades now, only the Lakers have worn a uniform at home on a regular or semi-regular basis that is not white, and any teams with lighter-colored alts wore them on the road exclusively or almost all the time (Sonics 2004-08, Pacers 98-05 and 07-Pres, Hawks 04-07). Even back in the day, when other teams wore gold at home, the golds were the only home uniforms for those teams (this was also true of the Spurs' old silvers from the '70's). Is a new precedent being set here, so to speak?

League rules mandate that the primary home uniform must be white. Lakers are grandfathered in due to the fact that the yellow uniforms were their primary home uniforms at the time of the rule.

(Why does it seem like someone always has to repeat this rule whenever we get to talking about the light colored alternates?)

Crap! Just realized I stuck this in the wrong forum. Perhaps it can be moved.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out, more than anything, is why these teams with the new alts decided to wear them at home, rather than on the road like the yellows from the last decade (including the Pacers' still active one).

League rules mandate that the primary home uniform must be white. Lakers are grandfathered in due to the fact that the yellow uniforms were their primary home uniforms at the time of the rule.

(Why does it seem like someone always has to repeat this rule whenever we get to talking about the light colored alternates?)

League rules are dumb in this age of colour TV. They should be more like "uniforms of opposing players should contrast in colour sufficiently for players to tell their teammates apart from their opponents",

Archived