CWS Concepts

CarolinaJacket

Its that time of year! Baseball season. This is a special part of baseball season where 8 of the best college baseball programs square off in Omaha to crown a champion. Often, we see new uniforms and bats during this time. The uniforms are not always the best, as they are rushed and sometimes templated (see Louisville and Mississippi State). So I decided to make uniforms, specifically for the world series for each team. This is my first concept and this is a good time to start. As you can see, I am a paint user because I do not have the time or money to by Photoshop. Hopefully, I show that good concepts can be made using paint because I am sure first impressions are as important here as they are on other forums. As you can see, I did a Baltimore Orioles style cap with the front panel and bird logo. Thought it would be a fresh change for a team that always has letters on their caps. I used a black-white-red-white-black theme throughout the uniform, much like the schools other sports teams. Since I had the "L" logo left over, I thought it would look good on the front of the jersey, and to be honest, their current font would not go with what I had so far. It will be about a week before I can edit this or post another concept, so lets try to get as much C&C as possible before then. Thanks! Louisvillebaseball_zps7aa11efa.png

i'm sorry but most people would be against stripes like that on the sleeves of a baseball jersey. but hell, its adidas why not?

I see what you mean but I kind of like it. Its different, and that is the kind of thing you want from a one-off. My main goal is to stay away from the thin piping that 90% of baseball uniforms use.

i'm sorry but most people would be against stripes like that on the sleeves of a baseball jersey. but hell, its adidas why not?

I see what you mean but I kind of like it. Its different, and that is the kind of thing you want from a one-off. My main goal is to stay away from the thin piping that 90% of baseball uniforms use.

Agree. Most baseball uniforms are bland and fugly. Props to you for making something visually unique.

When I change the channel, I don't want to stare at the box score to figure out which team is playing. I want to see a visually identity that instantly tells me which team is on the field. Especially in college athletics, when colors and mascots are so important.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived