New York City FC concepts

OlavoP

So yeah, as you all know Man. City and the Yankees decided to create a team for the MLS, that will start playing only in 2015, but here is my idea for it:

302w9dh.png

For the logo I went with a NY state coat of arms shape and added an eagle just like man city have on their crest, but a different one, also removed all gold. Also added a blue moon there instead of a soccer ball and went for a modern font.

2v1vsr7.png

fxrm09.png

2mpwi7p.png

All three (home, away and third) use the same model. All have blue moon in the inner neck, home and away have "pride in battle" written in the back (english for superbia in proelia, latin phrase on man city's badge). Instead of "pride in battle" I went with "we are new york" on the third, it have baseball inspired pinstripes aswell.

Hope you guys like it!

The moon feels like a stretch to me, a bit like trying to force Man City traditions on NYCFC. I know the teams are connected but it just feels like too much. Also I would suggest maybe a bit of pinstripes to bring in the Yankees more. Perhaps even put them behind the eagle in the logo instead of the current striping pattern.

One other minor issue, as I recall the name was announced as New York City Football Club but your logo actually has it as Football Club New York City.

All that being said I think the overall execution and certainly the presentation of your concept is very nice indeed.

The moon feels like a stretch to me, a bit like trying to force Man City traditions on NYCFC. I know the teams are connected but it just feels like too much. Also I would suggest maybe a bit of pinstripes to bring in the Yankees more. Perhaps even put them behind the eagle in the logo instead of the current striping pattern.

One other minor issue, as I recall the name was announced as New York City Football Club but your logo actually has it as Football Club New York City.

All that being said I think the overall execution and certainly the presentation of your concept is very nice indeed.

I tried this logo a lot, here is a example with pinstripes:

bgryop.png2mi7w0.png (tried the second with gold too)

and about the moon, I don't think so, it's such a small detail. And about the name, I changed it in the logo only for stetics, to focus more on "New York City".

I certainly don't think the moon is a huge deal, I'm sorry if I wasn't totally clear that my suggestions were meant as minor tweaks to what I felt was very good overall work. They are also only suggestions which you may feel free to ignore if you decide to.

I do like the two new versions you've got, especially the second one though I prefer the first version's spelling out instead of abbreviating to NYCFC on the crest.

I certainly don't think the moon is a huge deal, I'm sorry if I wasn't totally clear that my suggestions were meant as minor tweaks to what I felt was very good overall work. They are also only suggestions which you may feel free to ignore if you decide to.

I do like the two new versions you've got, especially the second one though I prefer the first version's spelling out instead of abbreviating to NYCFC on the crest.

Yeah, I like those but I did these for a competition in a community from Brazil, and in general (and mine own) opinion the first presented is the best one. Those 2 was just me showing early versions

Archived