Barclays PL Opening Day

Deion.Blackwell8

Hello guys. It's been awhile since I've posted any concepts on these boards and this is actually gonna be the first time I've posted any soccer concepts. So basically this is going to be a series where I put out a concept for the home side and away side for all opening day matches. I may start a series with a full set for each team after I get through the 10 opening day matches.

Alright so first up is...

Arsenal v Aston Villa

ArsenalVAstonVilla.png

C&C

One thing that immediately leaps out is that you've got Arsenal - who are the home team in this match - wearing an away kit. It would be Villa who would tip up to the Emirates in their away if there was a clash.

One thing that immediately leaps out is that you've got Arsenal - who are the home team in this match - wearing an away kit. It would be Villa who would tip up to the Emirates in their away if there was a clash.

Ah alright...I was confused. I'm used to the second team being the team that is playing at home....Fixed.

Ah alright...I was confused. I'm used to the second team being the team that is playing at home....Fixed.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm familiar with the American way of listing fixtures and your way still catches me out every now and again. ;)

Being the sort of chap who's rather partial to a sash, I approve of what you've done with our away shirt.

The only things I'd perhaps change relate to the sash itself. First are the thickness of the two bands - at present the black is thicker than the amber, I reckon it would look better with them being of equal width. I don't think the amber needs the texture either. Finally, I'd put a bit more free space around the sponsor, it looks a bit close to the sash as it stands.

Actually, on that last point I'd happily never see that sponsor anywhere near a City shirt again. But we're stuck with it for next season, so hey-ho. ;)

Palace's primary shirts are usually red/blue striped. Mind you, if Southampton can dump tradition, I suppose Palace can as well.

Also, not sure why Hull would need to change when playing against Chelsea.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Palace's primary shirts are usually red/blue striped. Mind you, if Southampton can dump tradition, I suppose Palace can as well.

Also, not sure why Hull would need to change when playing against Chelsea.

Its not unusual in the PL for the away team to wear the change kit, even if there isnt really a colour clash. Is that tiger stripes in the amber side of the sash? Nice touch

sigen.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Would that be the home kit for Newcastle? Seems like too much black to me.

I'd agree - even though there's probably the same amount of white on the body of the shirt as with the 2011-12 home, in that instance the shirt had all white sleeves so the black was broken up a bit. At the moment the shirt as a whole looks too dark to me.

I'd also suggest that if the shirt is having blue cuffs then a little bit of matching trim on the shorts wouldn't go amiss.

The home and away wouldn't be so similar (unless you're throwing tradition to the wind, which is cool if you are).

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived