NYCFC Crest Concept

DawgPacPBH

Yep, the original was definitely the GWB and I went with the BB due to what people here were saying. Being from the area, I thought the GWB made more sense but PEEER PRESSSSUREEEEEEEEE.

I'll probably make one more version of it.

Eh, screw those jerks. :P

The frieze? I don't know. They won't play in Yankee Stadium for long.

I suppose I've been out of the loop. Admittedly I don't follow MLS much and was basically just awaiting the release of the logos. I thought Yankee Stadium was going to be their permanent home. Are they getting a stadium? I'd think Yankee Stadium would be the smarter alternative unless they can somehow get a stadium built in the Bronx or Manhattan. I figured the edge they'd have over the Red Bulls is actually playing in the city, with the fanbase surrounding it, while the Red Bulls got kicked out to Jersey to get theirselves a park. Can they get a park without getting kicked out to Uniondale or something?

If they're moving soon, then I definitely belay my comments about the Macombs Dam Bridge and the Yankee Stadium iconography.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like this, honestly, the bridge just needs a little thickness and then I'd say the logo is spot on.

Also, for those discussing the WTC in logos, I agree with the no old WTC in logos, but this definitely has to be in the realm of consideration now. I mean the Super Bowl logo will use it but I'm sure this could fit into an identity.

original.jpg

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

• 1 month later...

I like the other two better, but just wanted to try out some of your guys' ideas.

76MivPg.png

2Je9oCO.png

Just saw this on a random google search and had to join just to say ..... well done.

It's brilliant, near perfect for me. Only issue I'd have is the 2015 date, when i look at a date on a club crest, i associate it with the date it was founded. 2015 will be the season the club plays, 2013 is technically the year it was founded.

But overall, it is bang on for me, the design and colour. I did one out of boredom back in May/June when the club was announcement, with a design in my head. I came up with this:

NCFC-june2013_zpsdf15ed5c.jpg

and i'm glad to say .... yours is so much better and i didn't waste any more time on mine. Rather have yours on a shirt/jersey.

Again ... congrats and well done!

Archived