NYCFC Crest Concept

DawgPacPBH

I like the other two better, but just wanted to try out some of your guys' ideas.

76MivPg.png

2Je9oCO.png

I think you've lost that delicate balance. The Chrysler Building is straight-on but the bridge is in quarter-profile. Doesn't work.

Also, I'm not sure I get the "egg" in the middle. What's that represent?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's certainly closer.

Two thoughts -

1. What's with the gold seal in the middle?

2. You have a great rendering of the Brooklyn Bridge, except that it's collapsing in the middle. Never should have allowed SUVs to drive on it. ;) Curve it upwards, and not only would it look better but it would fill some of that empty white space that needs it.

Still, I think you're doing amazing work. Bravo.

It's certainly closer.

Two thoughts -

1. What's with the gold seal in the middle?

2. You have a great rendering of the Brooklyn Bridge, except that it's collapsing in the middle. Never should have allowed SUVs to drive on it. ;) Curve it upwards, and not only would it look better but it would fill some of that empty white space that needs it.

Still, I think you're doing amazing work. Bravo.

1. when it was just a circle it was supposed to be a sun/ball combo, depending on what you saw. Now its just the sun.

2. I thought that too, but remember that the BB's suspension wires go all the way down to the road, so while it looks strange, it's technically correct.

Twitter: @peteeee

E-Mail: peteschwadel@gmail.com

Dribbble!

Just FYI the flags on the latest iteration are blowing in opposite directions. (not to say that can't happen it just messes with the mind)

Also if it were me I would take the white space and sun out, there would be more empty space but that could be fixed by shortening that section.

I'm not a designer but that's just my intuition to push this just over the edge. It is fantastic as is though!

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

A bit too much dead space, though; maybe shorten the logo to close up some of that space?

Also: Just say no to Bank Gothic.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I don't think shortening the logo is the way to go - the Chrysler Building is already truncated enough, any more would be comical. And reducing the rest of it might throw the spire out if balance.

2. I thought that too, but remember that the BB's suspension wires go all the way down to the road, so while it looks strange, it's technically correct.
No, I mean the road sags in the middle. Suspension bridges rise in the middle, the Brooklyn Bridge noticeably so.

brooklyn-bridge-12.jpg

Plus that would keep with the vertical arch theme you have going: the spire, the ribbon, the curved team name. Curving the bridge into a bowl would only make sense if you had an important element in the middle that you want to highlight. Which isn't the case here; it just highlights the empty white space Mockba pointed out.

Guest darkpiranha

I don't think shortening the logo is the way to go - the Chrysler Building is already truncated enough, any more would be comical. And reducing the rest of it might throw the spire out if balance.

No, I mean the road sags in the middle. Suspension bridges rise in the middle, the Brooklyn Bridge noticeably so.

brooklyn-bridge-12.jpg

Plus that would keep with the vertical arch theme you have going: the spire, the ribbon, the curved team name. Curving the bridge into a bowl would only make sense if you had an important element in the middle that you want to highlight. Which isn't the case here; it just highlights the empty white space Mockba pointed out.

Agree 100%.

Also agree with the suggestion of soccer-balling up the seal in the middle. What if you just put some subtle soccer ball highlights in there somewhere. Not to make it a literal ball, but just some polygonal shapes suggested.

Hmmm. Try replacing the gold seal with a soccer ball. While the post above suggested a an old-school ball (volleyball lookin) version, which i like, it just wouldnt make too much sense since they have no heritage. id like to see the the ball same color and with negative space (white) providing lines within the ball. Also, could you provide a shadow-less version?

Your execution is very nice, but I honestly don't think you need the bridge/sun in the shield below the NYC type... Too many ideas, and lots of dead space. Maybe try simplifying it. The Chrystler building makes a nice shape on the top, and kind of has a similar feel to the crown on the Statue of Liberty.

I think the original Brooklynized bridge was perfect, although you didn't change the pier below the deck to match. I'm guessing before that it was representative of the George Washington Bridge, which is certainly a symbol of New York. Or it could have been the Whitestone or Verazzano-Narrows. It reminded me more of the bridge on the Mets logo, which I believe is one of these three if not just a generic suspension bridge. The people that said it was too San Francisco were crazy, as the original bridge was far too short to be the Golden Gate, an obvious tell of the GWB.

golden-gate-bridge-6.jpgstock-footage-george-washington-bridge-s

Nevertheless, I'm getting off topic. I think going with the Brooklyn Bridge is a mistake. The Brooklyn Bridge is one of the oldest bridges in the city, and certainly an icon, but it's really emblematic of the borough of Brooklyn and NYCFC plays in the Bronx. I'd suggest perhaps using the Macombs Dam Bridge right outside their new home of Yankee Stadium or similar, or perhaps just sticking with the GWB/generic bridge, perhaps mirrored underneath with the iconic facade/frieze that they're now going to be playing under, which is really a symbol of their home.

3696674344_7c9de47e8d_z.jpg4576921982_c120e053b6_z.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived