CIS thread

kevsim1

Here's some of what Western has worn over the years

uwo5_zpsd62e25d3.jpg

uwo6_zps71384200.jpg

uwo3_zpsb42278dd.jpg

These ones always puzzled me. It was like they discovered sublimation, so may as well put as much crap on the jersey as we can.

uwo2_zps49a03a2a.jpg

Check out the back side. Faint sublimated Mustang logo behind the numbers. Dumb.

uwo4_zps71091389.jpg

Things got better in 2011/2012. Ripped off the Minnesota 3rd and used off white. Tackle twill on the front and back.

uwo9_zps0c53629e.jpg

This was OK

uwo8_zpsabb2404c.jpg

Then they tried to ruin that beautiful purple jersey but making it all sublimated and with true white. All names and numbers are also sublimated.

uwo7_zpsf5e7315a.jpg

detlogosbanner.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A rival to Western, the Lakehead Thunderwolves, have been around since 2001-02 but I think they have had only had one change in their regular home and away jerseys - from the St. Louis blue jersey striping pattern and colours with a crest sewn on the jersey

teamPhoto_2002-2003.jpg

roster_367687.jpg

roster_720684.jpg

to one with darker blue and less striping with the crest embroidered into the jerseys and the paw print shoulders.

teamPhoto_2013-2014.jpg

feature_872.jpg

feature_642.jpg

Lakehead had a hockey program before the Thunderwolves as the Nor'westers from 1972-1985:

athletics-hockey-team-1972-73.jpg

The%20S-Line_Stirrett_Siciliano_Smith.jp

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

• 3 weeks later...

What that says:

Watching the Utek bowl and the Mitchell bowl. Lava just defeated Mount Allison. I thought that the Mounties looked pretty sharp. Mount Allison wore maroon jerseys, gold pants and a maroon helmet with the 'wing' from their logo:, kinda like the eagles.

*image*

So this was basically what they wore.

*image*

, with a different helmet. I wish that they would have put the names on the back. Laval, also looked good as always. They wore essentially the same pants.

Calgary vs Western. This is the firt time I've seen Calgary's new unis ina ction.

last year:

*image*

*this year

*image*

I thinkt that the black was better, and the new helmet logo is too cartoonish, yet I like the new dino better. All red for Calgary, vs a purple-white-purple for the mustangs. According to this graphic, the grey helmet with the primary logo is gone, and a new one, with the coat of arms of the university now appears ona purple helmet.

*image*

Archived