Wonka's Olympic Hockey Redesign (ALL 12 TEAMS DONE!) USA 3RD?

MrWonka

So I did all of the teams (12) that are in the mens tournament coming up for the 2014 Winter Olympics. This was really hard actually, because I got sick of the red, white, and blue color scheme after a while. So here they are. My three favorites are USA, Russia, and Canada. Would these be better jerseys to represent the country than what was unveiled by NIKE? I hope so atleast.

I used the same template they are using for this year. I didn't want to use a different one, I want to use what they are using for a more realistic feel. Tell me what you think!

Team Austria:

DylanW-TeamAUS.png

Team Canada:

DylanW-TeamCAN.png

Czech Rep.

DylanW-TeamCZE.png

Team Finland:

DylanW-TeamFIN.png

Team Latvia

DylanW-TeamLAT.png

Team Norway:

DylanW-TeamNOR.png

Merge Space

I am truly impressed, these are all fantastic. These are all better than what they currently wear.

There is something great about Switzerland that I can't quite put my finger on.

Slovenia's blues would be great on the ice. So subtle, and yet, they're the only team truly doing it, so it works.

Latvia is awesome, I like the sleeves on the whites.

Austria looks badass. I didn't know they could, but they do.

USA pops, it's busy like this country seems to like, but it's not gaudy...it fits.

Russia could use a red yoke on the whites. The color fits them too well to not use it more.

Norway could use a nameplate on the reds so the stripes don't blur the name

I'd like to see Slovakia with the sublimated cross in white.

I think you should keep going and do some of the lesser-seen teams in the IIHF. I'd like to see your treatments of Germany, Poland, and Australia, personally.

But seriously, even with the few critiques I threw at it, that's a great Olympic set.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I am truly impressed, these are all fantastic. These are all better than what they currently wear.

Slovenia's blues would be great on the ice. So subtle, and yet, they're the only team truly doing it, so it works.

USA pops, it's busy like this country seems to like, but it's not gaudy...it fits.

Russia could use a red yoke on the whites. The color fits them too well to not use it more.

I think you should keep going and do some of the lesser-seen teams in the IIHF. I'd like to see your treatments of Germany, Poland, and Australia, personally.

But seriously, even with the few critiques I threw at it, that's a great Olympic set.

Thanks a lot. I knew the Norway one I should have had a nameplate. I'm not sure why I didn't follow through. I'm a little confused on your Slovakia comment. And with the Russian one I went step by step with a person I'm familiar with that is from Russia. We basically worked until that finish and he said he loved it. If it wasn't for him though I can guarantee that set wouldn't look half as good.

And I did do a Germany one (I thought they were in the Olympics). I might post it later on with others, not sure yet. With Germany I went in a complete opposite direction you might be expecting haha. Theres almost no red in it. It's almost all black and yellow.

Thanks a lot. I knew the Norway one I should have had a nameplate. I'm not sure why I didn't follow through. I'm a little confused on your Slovakia comment. And with the Russian one I went step by step with a person I'm familiar with that is from Russia. We basically worked until that finish and he said he loved it. If it wasn't for him though I can guarantee that set wouldn't look half as good.

And I did do a Germany one (I thought they were in the Olympics). I might post it later on with others, not sure yet. With Germany I went in a complete opposite direction you might be expecting haha. Theres almost no red in it. It's almost all black and yellow.

You know, if a Russian said he likes blue better, I'll buy it. I associate them with being so red, but why not? The times have changed, after all.

With Slovakia, you have the country name (in the native language) and the crosses on the sleeves in sublimated dark blue. What if you made them white? and make them blue instead of gray on the white jerseys. Make the sublimated into contrasting elements, is what I'm saying. The jersey isn't all that busy, it wouldn't look all that crazy, and it just might work. They would be the most identifiable team from the side, and that would be something cool and different to see.

And with the treatment you've given these so far, I would think you'd do a good job on Germany, different or not. I'm an ardent traditionalist, and even I like these.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Ah okay. I knew after I saved it that they looked kind of empty. I never even thought of making them the opposite. (I lied, the original white jersey had slovensko in blue only) Never thought though to do the cross also. I actually like that a lot! Probably would space out the jersey more, and bring more of the jersey noticeable since those are things that are in the design.

Archived