The skating......friar?

IronChefShark

I have to agree with Frylock, I'd rather see the Friar as the main logos.  Word logos on the fronts of hockey jerseys, for the most part, suck.

And, don't hurt me, but I think the trim colour and the robe colour on the logo should match.  Since the robe is obviously a shade of maroon, and no other colour, that shouldn't be an issue, eh? =)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I mainly wanted to keep a simple, basic design.

and since the colors are officially navy blue and orange, I decided to go that route. remember the padres had the maroon robed friar on thier navy blue alternate jerseys at one point (which they should still be doing)

I know some of you dont care for the word logos as the crest, but my goal here is to present the concepts with the primary logo being used as such.

and seeing as how Ive reposted the link, BoSox owes me that cheese he promised!  :D

Hm, I can see your point on the colours, though it just looks a bit strange.

Baseball and hockey differ a bit when it comes to logos, of course.  And, well, that friar with a stick would look awesome on the front.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'd rather see the Friar as the main logos.  Word logos on the fronts of hockey jerseys, for the most part, suck.

This is true.

Why don't the Padres replace the orange in their scheme with maroon, or just outright add maroon to the navy and orange?

The other option is make the swingin' (or slapshootin') friar's robe orange, but I don't think that would look correct or good.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Why don't the Padres replace the orange in their scheme with maroon?

because then they would be accused of looking like every other navy and red team in the major leagues, I suppose.

In fact, Im beginning to be sold on the fact that maroon should be thier primary color and orange a secondary. sort of a virginia tech scheme, with cream unis. like my second concept!  :cool:

of course, everyone knows that Im convinced they shouldnt return to...well...you know, but after doing various padres concepts without pinstripes I am convinced that while they didnt look bad in pinstripes, they look better without them

Archived