Fantasy Hockey League (PAHL)

VitorioArts

(Okay, so VitorioArts decided to make their first Fantasy League. Enjoy!)

1995, two brothers playing and loving sports wanted to share their passion with everyone who lived in Pennsylvania. The oldest brother, Josh Vitorio, was an intelligent sports manager. Josh dreamed of one day being a general manager for a professional sports team. The second brother, Louie Vitorio, was a talented graphic designer. All Louie wanted was to one day design for a professional sports team.

With their passion for sports the Vitorio brothers decided to turn their dreams into reality. In 1997, the brothers decided to make a professional hockey league. They found volunteer hockey teams that just played for fun at the nearest rink. With all the hard work and dedication, the brothers finally made their league, the Pennsylvania Hockey league. In the fall of 1997, with the inaugural season about to start, the brothers had successfully created 3 teams using both of their talents. The three teams were Scranton Irish, Hamlin Bulldogs, and the Allentown Eagles.

PAHLlogo_zpsed3205f9.jpg

In 2002, the league made enough money to start paying the players, hire coaches and staff, and built 2 stadiums. The Vitorio brothers were living the dream. They both got what they wanted, Josh and Louie both designed all the teams and both are co-commissioner. PAHL grew and gained 7 other teams. Erie Lakers, Reading Rail Riders, Bethlehem Stars, Lancaster Rebels, Harrisburg Capitals, and the Altoona Hawks.

Now, in 2014, the PAHL has 10 stadiums, 257 players, and a fan base of 2.5 million. With the season just ending, the Vitorio brothers have decided to let the fans come up with the names for the new teams. The 4 new cities are Hazelton, New Castle, Carlisle, and West Chester. The Vitorio brothers are anxious for the new teams and the 2014-15 season.

(Please feel free to comment on what the new teams should be called! The designs of each team will be released during the month of March. Thanks for reading we hoped you liked it! C&C Welcome!)

So you used smaller cities with the hope of a large league? One of the first rules for me would be to choose large markets to ensure attendance. That's just my opinion, of course. Looks good so far!

I got you haha all ten choices are from the top 15 cities (population wise) in PA, not including Pitt or Philly

Funny, I play in the PAHL (Pittsburgh Amateur Hockey League) (Johnstown Jets!)

Anyway, I think that Altoona should have a more train related name... If you want to go with the name Hawks, RailHawks could work too. Try too think along those lines.

(Reading could be named the Dutch after the Amish history in that area, since the two teams would have similar names)

So you used smaller cities with the hope of a large league? One of the first rules for me would be to choose large markets to ensure attendance. That's just my opinion, of course. Looks good so far!

I got you haha all ten choices are from the top 15 cities (population wise) in PA, not including Pitt or Philly

I don't think I'm wrong, but shouldn't St. College and Johnstown be in that list? J-Town has a really good hockey history, and IMO be a good choice for a team.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

Funny, I play in the PAHL (Pittsburgh Amateur Hockey League) (Johnstown Jets!)

Anyway, I think that Altoona should have a more train related name... If you want to go with the name Hawks, RailHawks could work too. Try too think along those lines.

(Reading could be named the Dutch after the Amish history in that area, since the two teams would have similar names)

I don't think I'm wrong, but shouldn't St. College and Johnstown be in that list? J-Town has a really good hockey history, and IMO be a good choice for a team.

haha they were there too

Archived