Atlanta Silverbacks MLS uniform concept

RomeDawg11

From what is being reported Atlanta will be announced as the newest MLS expansion team on April 16th. As of right now I have not heard of any discussions of the Atlanta Silverbacks (NASL) moving into the MLS, especially since the ownership groups are different. I was just wondering what a Silverbacks kit would look like designed for the MLS.

Last week as well the SIlverbacks released their new kits for the upcoming NASL season. They were no longer sporting the hoops which I personally liked, and have no character at all.

I would love to hear some feedback, as this is the first uniform design I have tried.

2zdsspw.jpg

WC2014_sig_USA_zps37b99998.png

Having a gorilla on the Logo/crest was a touchy subject last year when the logo changed. The current has grown on me.

Touchy like how?

In case you don't know they had a fan contest on the name of the club and then on the new badge/logo/crest. The Facebook page was the main vehicle for this, allowing fans to comment on designs and "vote" on the logo. You really had two groups, one saying having a gorilla is too childish and does not lend itself to a "proper crest". The other group saying we don't want just some Eurosnob copy cat, like you see with Real Salt Lake, DC United, FC Dallas. It is a struggle between being a "football/soccer club" and being an american team.

WC2014_sig_USA_zps37b99998.png

Archived