New Netflix logo

1990hornet

Maybe it's just me but I feel like they almost did this to match the look of ios.

It's very possible that it wasn't intentional but man does the app icon just seems like it fits perfectly into in current ios scheme

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

The new flat mark is very nice, much better typeface and dosent look cheap. The downplay of red adds to that and they might be going for a more upscale look which would explain the black.

What i hate is the version with the long shadow. I hate those to begin with but their version is especially ratchet

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Maybe it's just me but I feel like they almost did this to match the look of ios.

It's very possible that it wasn't intentional but man does the app icon just seems like it fits perfectly into in current ios scheme

I think modern design across all niches and mediums is being designed with web and mobile as the primary application. Ofcourse, that makes sense for Netflix especially. The super minimalism and kinds of type being used now is a reflection of the small areas these designs are being applied to. Web 2.0 died because it was ugly, but also became useless because of all the details that were put into that style and would mot work in these small spaces, where before it only had to work in an area as small as a web header, viewed on a computer monitor.

So everyone is designing with the same goals in mind, but Apple has definitely been a big influence too. The "long shadow" is evidence of that. Thanks Johnny Ive

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived