New Team Canada Jerseys

steve61

On 8/2/2016 at 1:30 PM, jp1409 said:

The 2002 uniforms were absolutely perfect...

2002_olympic_jerseys.png

2002altBlack.jpg

Whatever positive things I could say about that pair or jerseys I never have like the skating man crest.

On the other hand, if they used the crest on that 3rd, almost anything they did with it would be forgivable to me.

Ideally bring back the 1936 Olympics (or similar one) and also make a red version of it.

normal.png?1389828595

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

This is not that.  They had black in their jerseys almost 100 years ago.  It's part of their "identity".

I know, except traditional power house Canadian teams have worn primarily red & white for eons now.

Here's youtube highlights of tonight's Canada-Finland, the unis give me an expansion year Ottawa Senators vibe.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

6 minutes ago, 2001mark said:

I know, except traditional power house Canadian teams have worn primarily red & white for eons now.

Except...you know...the jerseys that everyone just said were "the best ever" featured black and had a black alternate

2002_olympic_jerseys.png

2002altBlack.jpg

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

On August 3, 2016 at 11:34 AM, bkknight95 said:

teamcanadajersey.jpg.aspx

They could've slapped the skating leaf logo on these and called it a day. As much hate as these got, I think these are miles ahead of what they just released. 

Get rid of the black yoke and this becomes a classic look.

On 6/8/2016 at 4:26 AM, WavePunter said:

Also Australia wears yellow/green, but their flag is navy, red, and white 

Right, and the Dutch use orange. A google search shows there are reasons for all these oddities. Canada however, does not seem to have an excuse to use black !

On 4/8/2016 at 5:45 AM, hockey week said:

Except...you know...the jerseys that everyone just said were "the best ever" featured black and had a black alternate

2002_olympic_jerseys.png

2002altBlack.jpg

But if you removed the black from these (red and white jersey) they would become even better.

And if you are hell bent on having a 3rd color, you could silver or gray. The black is simply too much ! The red one looks like a Devils jersey.

9 minutes ago, Thomas said:

But if you removed the black from these (red and white jersey) they would become even better.

And if you are hell bent on having a 3rd color, you could silver or gray. The black is simply too much ! The red one looks like a Devils jersey.

http://nhl.frgimages.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages/_2424000/ff_2424679_full.jpg&w=245

There. That's it without black. Is it still better? 

10 hours ago, Thomas said:

move the sleeve stripes up and add the leaf, then it´s better yes.

It was Carolina that screwed up and went from a great jersey to a Canada knock off

But we have two separate leagues, there's no issue of mistaking one for the other. If we live in a world where Toronto and Tampa Bay can coexist, we can have the New Jersey Devils and Team Canada looking similar...and having Carolina and Team Canada look similar is not an improvement.

Archived