Some Random NFL concepts

henburg

Happy 2017 guys!

So I have begun studying graphic design in college, meaning that I am beginning the dive into Adobe Illustrator. I am really excited to get serious about something that I have always loved, so to kind of celebrate the transition, I wanted to show a couple of unfinished NFL MS Paint concepts I created. They were originally intended for a complete NFL refresh/rebrand series I was planning, but between school, work and other responsibilities I never had the time. Some will be completely new marks, while others are more like modernizations/tweaks. Anyways, without further ado, I figured I'd start out with one that I am pretty proud of, the Minnesota Vikings:vikings.png

The Vikings logo is really unique and interesting, and while the 2013 logo did a decent job modernizing it, I really wanted to take that a step further. One of my first goals was to create a consistency between the horn on the viking's helmet in the logo and the one seen on the football helmets, and I really like the result. I also wanted to streamline the color scheme a little bit, which explains why I recolored the logo in both the classic scheme on the left, and my proposed new one on the right. I think most of us would agree that the black is superfluous for the Vikings, so I removed that. Another common complaint with the Vikings logo is that the helmet doesn't contrast well enough with the hair, so I decided to take that as an opportunity to add silver as an accent. I think it looks great when paired with the deeper purple and yellow I brought back from the throwback uniform. However, the classic option is provided as a comparison, and I am interested to see which you guys will like better. Anyways, C&C is welcome and appreciated, and I may be able to expand on some of these if there is enough interest.

spacer.png

To encourage more discussion, here are the uniforms:

vikings unis.png

They are a sort of combination of eras, featuring the deeper purple from the early Vikings, with striping that combines the modern style and places it on the shoulders like the Randy Moss era uniforms. I have always liked the way that the gray facemask has looked with the Vikings set, but I wanted to modernize that a bit, so ideally it would have a metallic finish like these USC helmets to evoke Viking armor and modernize a classic look. There is also silver outline around the numbers. Anyways, C&C appreciated, I'd like to hear some more input for the Vikings before posting any more teams.  

spacer.png

Archived