Is there a how to?

cubedG

17 hours ago, cubedG said:

I really want to get into designing some uniforms but I just have no idea how to do it. I've always resorted to just drawing them out of frustration. Any tips, pointers or links would be of great help. Thank y'all.

Hey mate, 

Most people here use programs from the Adobe design suite like Photoshop or Illustrator, but if you don't already have that/ can't afford it, Inkscape is a very good alternative, as to is MS paint. In terms of making designs, Paint would be the easiest, however often designs don't come out as well as you imagined through blurriness and other factors, whereas with a program like Illustrator it's a little bit more difficult at first  to understand, but you'll get a crisp design.

Whichever program you decide to choose, there are plenty of YT tutorials for each one on certain aspects of their program which will help you become a better designer.

Good Luck!

On 1/17/2017 at 4:39 PM, Spanna65 said:

Hey mate, 

Most people here use programs from the Adobe design suite like Photoshop or Illustrator, but if you don't already have that/ can't afford it, Inkscape is a very good alternative, as to is MS paint. In terms of making designs, Paint would be the easiest, however often designs don't come out as well as you imagined through blurriness and other factors, whereas with a program like Illustrator it's a little bit more difficult at first  to understand, but you'll get a crisp design.

Whichever program you decide to choose, there are plenty of YT tutorials for each one on certain aspects of their program which will help you become a better designer.

Good Luck!

I've tried searching some YT videos but nothing really comes up. Usually only like soccer uniforms in some program I've never heard of.

9 minutes ago, cubedG said:

Football

If you're good with using preset templates, EA Sports' TeamBuilder is pretty thorough. The site is messed up, though, so you'll have to take screenshots to have any hope of keeping your designs long-term.

I use Paint and don't mind it. As anything, it's all about practice. The other day I was looking at some first concepts from a couple years ago and compared to now it's a huge difference. Just create, create, create!

My advice would be go check out Paint Users Paradise. They have a bunch of great templates. 

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-15%20at%201.39.3

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

If you're good with using preset templates, EA Sports' TeamBuilder is pretty thorough. The site is messed up, though, so you'll have to take screenshots to have any hope of keeping your designs long-term.

I used to use that a lot back in the day. Looking to go modern with templates though.

mockuparena.com has a lot of new templates that work great with photoshop (pretty much every sport). There at least used to be a template thread pinned at the top of the concepts page, but I couldn't seem to find it. Hit up mockup and you should be able to find something that you like.

XcryMwi.png

Archived