Vegas Golden Knights Final Prediction (yes, another one)

Chazberg

Hello gang. I haven't posted here in some time and it's been even longer since I ran a concept. Suffice it to say that will be changing. I digress....

I submitted my first VGK prediction to Icethetics a couple weeks ago: http://www.icethetics.co/concepts/2017/6/1/twenty-days-to-go

I based the striping on the leaked draft cap, and created the custom number typeface based on the style of the wordmark.

I included the Adidas striping down the sides, a la the WCH jerseys, because I figured Adidas would want to make a splash with a new team, a team with no tradition to uphold.

I have since made a few modifications in light of all the sneak peaks of the last few days. It's clear not many teams are making drastic changes, and more teams will likely look the same save for the Adidas template/logo/fancy shoulder ANTI-COUNTERFEITING Dot Technology®™.

I removed the stripes down the sides and carried the hem striping all the way around (fingers crossed), reversed the sleeve striping so the black comes down from the shoulders (more closely with the striping on the draft cap) and used the pants convention that everyone else who saw that dubious pixelated email mockup followed. Lastly, I went for broke with a metallic gold helmet, which IMO would be totally rad and I'm starting to think could actually be possible (check out the pics from the newly-opened team store)

knights-home-4.png

knights-road-4.png

8 hours ago, Chazberg said:

Lastly, I went for broke with a metallic gold helmet, which IMO would be totally rad and am starting to think could actually be possible (check out the pics from the newly-opened "Vault" store)

I had the same thought when I saw the suit of armour at the entrance to "The Armoury".

It's a pretty obvious display of a dark grey body with a metallic golden helmet. Maybe...

Archived