The New XFL

LeeTraylor

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, LeeTraylor said:

And a roundup of the first four teams:

VgdhO6p.jpg

I like the colours you are going with and the gradients, usually i'm not a big fan of that but it works well here.

Your original Destroyers logo was fine and I could see the XFL actually expanding their old plain logos for some over the top ones this time.

Will the XFL beat the NFL to London?

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

On 2/7/2018 at 4:25 PM, neo_prankster said:

I'm sure it would, but could the XFL gain traction in a town that leans toward college sports?

Also, I wonder how the Skyhawks did in attendance while posting an 0-10 record.

I can't answer the former though I suppose people here would give it at least a look.

The Skyhawks meanwhile didn't draw flies.  But that was decades ago and the Raleigh market's considerably larger now, so a team could at least in theory draw 25,000 - 35,000.

nav-logo.png

On 2/8/2018 at 8:14 PM, LeeTraylor said:

6GYLlCW.jpg

Colin Kaepernick returns to professional football in California to lead the Destroyers franchise. San Diego's colors are gold, orange, and blue and their uniforms heavily feature gradients - everything from the helmet fading from gold to orange to the numeral on the chest. 

Love the gradient SD chevron. Gradient on the helmet is however not working right now. Here are a few other suggestion. Try rotating helmet logo to align with the gradient on the helmet. This will help because right now there are two separate horizon lines. Maybe play around with the gradient colors blue fading to orange on a gold helmet. Blue represents the ocean and orange is the skyline with setting sun. Silhouette the ship with navy blue and give it an orange outline stroke not too wide. Keep it subtle and not like the Jacksonville Jaguars helmet. Let the negative space of a semi circle go behind the ship and represent a setting sun. Get rid of the waves. The torpedo that you already use in secondary logo might make a nice helmet stripe. Just my thoughts.  Resubmit this Jersey swap with the changes and get some other eyes on it. If this doesn't work then I would redesign the helmet without a gradient and just keep it on the SD mid field logo. The New Orleans Breakers  of the USFL used this helmet design but you would have to rework it to include a ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived