Custom NCAA Courts

Coderedalert5

2 hours ago, officeglenn said:

You're running into the same problem as your friend in terms of the baselines. For example, the UW-Platteville Pioneers one looks good because you used the actual wordmark. But the Central Arkansas one is jarring because the font in which you've written "Bears" along the baseline doesn't match the font in which "BEARS" appears in the centre court logo. Visual identities are all about consistency. Even if the font you use isn't the exact one the university uses but is close in terms of style, the whole court will look much more coherent.

And also, check your spelling on SAN FRANCISCO again.

ok, how do I find the word marks is there a certain website,

THANK YOU for the help I appreciate it

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Coderedalert5 said:

ok, how do I find the word marks is there a certain website,

Ummm ... <looks up at the top of the page> ...

xewcJ0x.png

... maybe the site you're already on? 

The mothership might not have everything you need/want, but it's a start.

Please read the same comment I gave your friend. You're squeezing in conference logos where they don't normally go, and you're coloring in areas that don't exist on a college court.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

11 minutes ago, slapshot said:

Please read the same comment I gave your friend. You're squeezing in conference logos where they don't normally go, and you're coloring in areas that don't exist on a college court.

Thanks for the help but I am just making custom courts so they aren't the real courts so I am just putting them where I think they look good and am using the template that my friend gave me and I don't know how to find a collage template. Thank you for the advise I will try to make some changes to make my courts look good!

11 hours ago, Coderedalert5 said:

U.S Army

U.S Army

I know this isn't a college and there is one but I just wanted to pay some respect to my army plus I thought it looked cool ;) 

I don't understand this court...this is the U.S. Army "court" on a college thread...what does this mean?

4 minutes ago, GoldenEagleCountry said:

Blurry, garbage court

That's not particularly constructive criticism there. Be more specific about what you do or don't like about it, and perhaps present some solutions to any problems you see.

15 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

That's not particularly constructive criticism there. Be more specific about what you do or don't like about it, and perhaps present some solutions to any problems you see.

Branching off of my fellow moderator's comment, this place isn't here for you and your buddy to heckle each other.  Clearly you see each other at school so save the trash talking for then and leave it off of here.

Now, in terms of this Dayton court for example, as has been pointed out, Dayton doesn't use black so I have no idea why black is here.  Also, as @slapshot showed in the other thread college courts don't have the extensions on the sides of the key.  Furthermore, the fonts that are subbed in for the baseline wordmarks make no sense for any sort of athletic application.  If you can't find the wordmark don't just slap some stock Windows font there especially since @officeglenn showed that the site that this forum is directly affiliated with has resources available (http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/65592452014/Dayton_Flyers/2014/Alternate_Logo).  Plus, look at wordmarks in general - 99% of athletic wordmarks are all caps.

VmWIn6B.png

29 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Thank you this dude has anger issues I see him at school and today he tried to choke me because I told him to stop bullying a kid. Plus I didn't know Dayton didn't use black he is kind of rude. 

13 minutes ago, LMU said:

Branching off of my fellow moderator's comment, this place isn't here for you and your buddy to heckle each other.  Clearly you see each other at school so save the trash talking for then and leave it off of here.

Now, in terms of this Dayton court for example, as has been pointed out, Dayton doesn't use black so I have no idea why black is here.  Also, as @slapshot showed in the other thread college courts don't have the extensions on the sides of the key.  Furthermore, the fonts that are subbed in for the baseline wordmarks make no sense for any sort of athletic application.  If you can't find the wordmark don't just slap some stock Windows font there especially since @officeglenn showed that the site that this forum is directly affiliated with has resources available (http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/65592452014/Dayton_Flyers/2014/Alternate_Logo).  Plus, look at wordmarks in general - 99% of athletic wordmarks are all caps.

Thank you for the advise I did not realize that I was using lower case letters in the names I will fix that later on and for future courts

Archived