I know, I know...not another Blue Jays Concept

Jigga

JaysUnis.png

I couldn't do anything with my Illustrator for some reason, so I made this in Flash instead. I only meant to do the logo originally, but I figured I'd at least try the unis out. Anyhow, this is the first concept I've posted here, so any C&C will be greatly appreciated. Lay it on me...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I didn't see his before I did mine, but I can see why you'd say that. But I assure you that I used a different bird and leaf. Besides, Tempest's version is MUCH better. :D

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

You're on the right track. Just vertically-arch the lettering. The cap needs the leaf background, and I'd love for you to do the T-leaf logo on a cap to pay homage to the old International League Leafs. Yeah, you T.O. guys (Toronto, Ont., not that bozo from Philly) I know about the semi-pro Leafs. The Major League team should have paid old Jack a few bucks and called themselves the Maple Leafs in '77. FYI- The Toronto Baseball Club used the nickname before Conn Smythe was in short pants. The hockey team didn't use it until '27!

And your blue shirt would make a great bp top. :P:flagcanada::D

For some reason, I couldn't open Illustrator until this afternoon, hence the original straight lettering in the first post. I've added the leaf to the home/road cap and I added a "T-leaf" alt jersey/cap. I'm not really feeling it, but since you were kind enough to suggest the idea, I was curious to see what it would look like. Anyway, thanks for the C&C.

Good stuff, gj.

Only suggestions:

1. The fronts of the uniform come off as a little monotonous. Same size, same font, same outlining. Why not make the numbers a little different? Royal blue? RED? Just to break things up a little.

2. On the alt cap, the "T" gets lost in the leaf. Why not put the leaf in front ot a bigger T?

That's it. Great first concept.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Thanks for the C&C...I'm going to change the font for the numbers at some point, this was a bit of a rush job. I was only going to post the logo, but decided to add the uniforms since everyone else does. Next time I will be sure to either do uniforms right (both sides too) or leave them out completely.

Oh GOD!!! If I see another person try to get that damn maple leaf back of the uniform. It's the TORONTO BLUE JAYS, not CANADA BLUE JAYS. Why do so many Canadian teams feel the need to get a maple leaf in the logo even if it has nothing to do with the team name???

Toronto Blue Jays

Toronto Raptors

Ottawa Renagades

Ottawa Senators

Toronto Maple Leafs (oh, wait, their OK!)

You dom't see all the american team throwing stars and stripes on their uniforms for no reason do you?? I know their will be some smart a$$ coments steming from this...

LOL...

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Oh GOD!!! If I see another person try to get that damn maple leaf back of the uniform. It's the TORONTO BLUE JAYS, not CANADA BLUE JAYS. Why do so many Canadian teams feel the need to get a maple leaf in the logo even if it has nothing to do with the team name???

Toronto Blue Jays

Toronto Raptors

Ottawa Renagades

Ottawa Senators

You dom't see all the american team throwing stars and stripes on their uniforms for no reason do you?? I know their will be some smart a$$ coments steming from this...

LOL...

dude its just a concept settle down.

8prlQWA.png

Oh GOD!!!  If I see another person try to get that damn maple leaf back of the uniform.  It's the TORONTO BLUE JAYS, not CANADA BLUE JAYS.  Why do so many Canadian teams feel the need to get a maple leaf in the logo even if it has nothing to do with the team name???

Toronto Blue Jays

Toronto Raptors

Ottawa Renagades

Ottawa Senators

You dom't see all the american team throwing stars and stripes on their uniforms for no reason do you??  I know their will be some smart a$$ coments steming from this...

LOL...

dude its just a concept settle down.

Amen randy, amen. :notworthy:

stlouisrams.jpg

Bring back some type of split-lettering and you'll be on to something here. That always was my favorite thing about the Jays uniforms. Maybe it's why I like the Grizzlies uni's now too. And Villanova's "V" logo and b-ball jersey numbers.

Oh, and SHaMROCK - if there are 30 teams in a league and one of them is from a different country than the other 29, I think they have a right to put some kind of national identifier on their gear since in a way they do rep that nation.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I didn't want to start anything either...I just wanted to post a concept and get some feedback...on the design. :P

I'm with Vet. The Jays and Raps are it for Canada in the 3 major American sports leagues. If there were a US team in the CFL, I hope they would represent with an eagle or some stars or something! It's all about pride. The Jays won two World Series titles with a leaf in their logo, didn't they?

Anyway, I appreciate the C&C guys...

You dom't see all the american team throwing stars and stripes on their uniforms for no reason do you??  I know their will be some smart a$$ coments steming from this...

LOL...

Their [sic] is another smarta$$ comment coming. In fact, one was contained in the last sentence (T-H-E-R-E.).

American teams who throw American symbols into their uniforms. Hmm... let's see here. Including the use of the "traditional American colors" (by way of the French and the British) of red/white/blue (worn by EVERY MLB team except the St. Louis Browns during ALL of World War II, for starters):

12 MLB teams currently wear red, white and blue. Another 6 wear red/white or blue/white. The Phillies wear stars and Liberty Bells. The Yankees have Uncle Sam's tophat on their logo. The Rangers have a star in their logo. The Astros have a star in their logo. The Nationals have 9 stars and the dome of the Capitol in their logo.

5 NFL teams wear red, white and blue. Far and away the most popular color combo. 12 more teams wear red or blue as their primary color. The Cowboys, Titans, Steelers and Texans have stars. The Patriots also have a star, beyond the obvious connection to the American Revolution.

4 NBA teams wear red, white and blue. 13 more use red or blue as their primary color. The Magic and Wizards incorporate stars. As do the 76ers, again with an obvious connection to the Revolution.

A pretty fair percentage of American teams choose to express their patriotic feelings with the use of the colors and the symbols traditionally associated with the U.S. And I am not even going to get into more secondary symbols of traditional "American" icons, like the New York skyline (Mets), or the St. Louis Arch (Rams). Nor am I going to include minor league teams like the Rochester Americans of the AHL.

And your point was...? :therock:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived