More from the mind of saintsfan

Saintsfan

1. Its important in sport to hate certain teams as it is to love others. A true Red Sox fan has to hate the Yankees for instance, not just be indifferent but hate them.

2. I find that a loveof certain teams can come down to simply a like for the color of there shirts, conversley dislike can originate from dislike of the team colors.

3. Great coaches need good teams to become great coaches. A bad coach can make a great team average, but a brilliant coach cannot make an average team great.

4. Singing the national anthem before every sports occasion seeems real strange to me. No wonder it occasionally gets :censored:ed up by some two bit entertainer who can't sing.

5. I like how Basketball and hockey coaches wear suits. they look a bit more dignified than 70 year old baseball managers running around in a game unifrom and jacket, like they are gonna spring out of the dugout and play themselves if there team doesnt improve. And football coaches sometimes look cool, but also can look silly, particularly if you get a hmm, well proportioned man in a polo shirt for instance.

6. Americans always complain soccer games are dull because of the low scores. Fair enough except that some of the best baseball and hockey games in history have been low scorers.

7. For  a town with relativley few championships (except for the Celtics' runs) Boston seems to have a fine sporting heritage, as does Chicago, againwith relatively few successes.

8. Has anyone else noticed a resemblence of the new Rockets unis to the Toyota corporate brand (modern, line orientated etc.?)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

1. I agree hating a team is just as important as rooting for a team. I know I always want to see the teams I hate, like the Red Sox and Patriots lose and never win the championship.

2. Teams colors determining who you hate comes only out of needing to find a team to latch on to geography on intrest in a player leads to who you root for more often, and then hatrid from there goes to the biggest rivals.

3. Yeah tahts true a good coach can only go as far as the talent around him while a bad coach can be a real anchor.

4. The Anthem is just one of the traditions taht started so long ago and will be aroidn forever, becuase it just wont seem right if its removed. Although ppl will always get it wrong, I hate when the singer tries to make the song longer by adding scat or humming or something else, it ends up sounding liek Bleeding Gums Murphys Anthme version.

5. Maybe for baketball and hockey a suit works bt football si so blue color COaches in suits with a few exceptions look out of place.

6.What i dont like about Soccer has nothing to do with teh socring is that there are few scoring oppertunoites it just seems to be allot of kicking back an forth and too many offsides calls.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

1. The Red Sox-Yanks rivalry is sorta one way, Yankee fans don't hate the Red Sox as Red Sox fans hate the Yankees.

5. I've always wondered why baseball managers wear uniforms too. You don't see a NBA coach with a tank top, a hockey coach with the pads and skates on (during a game), nor a football coach with pads and a helmet on.

6. I like low scoring, put my problem is that the net is Huge and the can't score, in fact alot of times they miss the net. In a hockey net the goalie takes up most of it and the players score more than in soccer. That and the you can't use you hands (that's kept me from playing soccer).

i think #5 happened cus of the player-manager that was common in teh early days of baseball.  Last one that led his team to a WS title was Lou Boudreau, who was also the youngest player-manager.  that, and there's a rule that you have to be wearing one of three uniforms to be on the field:

1) Home team

2) Visitors

3) Umpires

this is just general, though...i.e. Wrigley Field ballboys/girls don't wear full cubs uniforms, when teh brewers had green in their scheme the ballgirls at the foul lines wore green jerseys, i'm sure there are more examples.

#2: we're just used to it here, to this day when i hear the anthem i wanna raise my right hand up in the air before 'and the home of the brave' like i got a helmet in hand :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

1. yes, absolutely. hating a certain team is just as important as rooting for a team. Northern California is supposed to hate Southern California and thats that. if youre a giants fan you hate the dodgers. if youre a raiders fan you hate the chargers. if youre a 49ers fan you hate the rams (when they were in LA anyways, its kinda died down since they moved to STL)

all I know is that I could go walk outside right now and not smell something burning  :P

2. colors really dont have anything to do with team loyalty or hatred, at least for me anyways. for instance, I have nothing against the NFL team in cleveland, its just the colors they wear!

4. a couple of weeks ago the sharks were playing ottawa at home. me and puckguy were at the game and the anthem singers mic wasnt working and didnt until halfway through O Canada!

Archived