Authentic Super Bowl XLV Jerseys

rmackman

is it just me or do the superbowl patches look kinda like stickers? lol

The Super Bowl patches were iron-on patches this year, thus giving it that 3d sticker look. Instead of having them sewn on like in the past, each logo was heat pressed on. A huge debate over how long they would stay in place soon followed.

"Roll Along"

I still want to buy one of those Super Bowl patches, but not a single patch on EBay even looks legit! :cursing:

SuperBowlXLV_patches1.jpg

SuperBowlXLV_patches8.jpg

SuperBowlXLV_patches9.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I'm pretty sure they do sell them. A buddy of mine has an Authentic Lance Briggs jersey with the Super Bowl XLI patch on it.

I guarantee you that's a knockoff. An easy way to spot fake jerseys is to look for a captain's or super bowl patch, because those aren't available on legit retail authentics. The best is when I'm at a Bears game and I see white jerseys with the Super Bowl XLI patch, like come on, they didn't even WEAR that damn jersey in the game! Some people are too dumb or indifferent to care I guess.

And in response to the other question that was brought up, the Packers since the start of the Captain program have only worn the C patches for the playoffs, never during the regular season. Not sure why, but it's one of those nice little quirks.

Anyway, you could get a fake patch on eBay for your Packers jersey, but it'll look especially off since they used those heat transfer logos this year.

I'm pretty sure they do sell them. A buddy of mine has an Authentic Lance Briggs jersey with the Super Bowl XLI patch on it.

I guarantee you that's a knockoff. An easy way to spot fake jerseys is to look for a captain's or super bowl patch, because those aren't available on legit retail authentics. The best is when I'm at a Bears game and I see white jerseys with the Super Bowl XLI patch, like come on, they didn't even WEAR that damn jersey in the game! Some people are too dumb or indifferent to care I guess.

And in response to the other question that was brought up, the Packers since the start of the Captain program have only worn the C patches for the playoffs, never during the regular season. Not sure why, but it's one of those nice little quirks.

Anyway, you could get a fake patch on eBay for your Packers jersey, but it'll look especially off since they used those heat transfer logos this year.

...and that's the problem. I don't want to go buy an authentic Rodgers jersey, and then ruin it with a knockoff patch.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

It's because the Packers rotate the captaincy during the season and Marge Switzer has enough to do getting the uniforms ready without removing and transferring patches.

For the playoffs, the team elects one set of captains for all games. I've heard that's a league rule, but can't confirm. In any case, that's when the C patches are applied.

Really hate that patch. It's beneath the Packers' uniforms.

Archived