Baseball cards

DAHOF

Searching this forum, I have found a couple of older custom baseball card topics, so please accept my apologies if starting a new topic is wrong.

As a kid, I was an avid baseball card collector. I still have most of my collection, despite my mothers best efforts to ruin them :evil:

I have not collected seriously in the last decade or so -- mostly because the market is very confusing and complex. I just don't know where/who to start with.

This season, I noticed that Topps released a retro style card set based on the 1887 GYPSY QUEEN tobacco cards. I love the simple design of these cards, including the unique post-processing effect to the images. The look is very similar (if not exact) to the "psychedelic" effect provided by Adjust plugin by Topaz Labs. Recently I have taken to pulling out some of my own photos and dropping them into my own Gypsy Queen template. I thought I would share here in an effort to get some feedback.

GQ_Ichiro.pngGQ_Soriano.png

GQ_Pujols.pngGQ_Longoria.png

The pictures on the card are great!

Thanks, I got to shoot a game at Comerica Park a couple of years ago and have some workable Brandon Inge images.

I am working on a card for him now, I will post it when I get it done.

What post-processing effects did you use with that plugin?

The cards look great!

I'm pretty sure that's a version of Topaz.

EDIT: Yeah it is...

The look is very similar (if not exact) to the "psychedelic" effect provided by Adjust plugin by Topaz Labs.

You are correct. It is a photoshop plug-in product from Topaz Labs called Adjust, the specific effect is called psychedelic.

It is almost exactly what you see in the GQ cards and very close to look used in the EA sports game covers.

You are correct. It is a photoshop plug-in product from Topaz Labs called Adjust, the specific effect is called psychedelic.

It is almost exactly what you see in the GQ cards and very close to look used in the EA sports game covers.

Yea I knew it definitely was connected to video game covers in some way, I might have to try out that plug in if I ever mess with covers again.

The pictures on the card are great!

Thanks, I got to shoot a game at Comerica Park a couple of years ago and have some workable Brandon Inge images.

I am working on a card for him now, I will post it when I get it done.

Cool, I'm looks forward to it.

(Inge is my least favorite player with his pathetic .211 average) :P

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Archived