Ranking the Premier League and Football League badges

-kj

So, there's a (former?) blog called European Football Weekends. I started following the author on Twitter a while back, and today he offered up an opinion on English football (soccer) badges:

"Best club badge in the top four divisions you say? Birmingham City for me. #BestClubBadge"

I'm not much a fan of their crest, to be honest. Reading some of the conversation surrounding that tweet got me thinking, then doing. So, here without much explanation, evidence, or common sense, is my list of the crests of "the 92".

Feel free to mock, ridicule, and otherwise discuss.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm with you on Wigan being top of the class, and I don't think it's even close. I might move Hammers ahead of Chelsea, something about their crest that I really like, but I think those are also my top three. Leicester's also got a great look, and I see they were the only Non-PL team to crack your Top 7.

Putting these crests all together does highlight just how tragic and jumbled some many nearly all of them are, though.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I'm on my way out the door, so I'll have to come back and rank the following crests according to my perception of their aesthetic value. That said, here are my "Top Ten" amongst "the 92", presented in alphabetical order.

Aldershot Town

Charlton Athletic

Cheltenham Town

Ipswich Town

Leicester City

Liverpool

Plymouth Argyle

Tranmere Rovers

West Ham United

York City

Archived