BCS Bowl Series Concepts

wloowarrior22

So while I was on break from school, I decided to mess around with some of the BCS games and wasn't going to release them, but figured, hey why not.

sugarbowl_zps65688374.png

For this one I wanted to do just give a one off look for Florida that was reasonably classy. Kept a classic striping pattern with the new font and a subtle alligator skin pattern on the pant stripe, undershirt, and helmet.

For Louisville I based the design around the helmet. I had the idea of the paint job having the same effect of this car (http://up.arab-x.com...10/GuH04598.jpg) I thought that would be a unique look and wanted a material for the shoulders of the uniform and pant to be flashier to give roughly the same effect. Nothing special.

orangebowl_zpsc4bf1431.png

For the orange bowl I wanted to go classic, but Northern Illinois doesn't have much to go on as far as uniforms go, so I came up with a happy medium. FSU gets a modern revisioning of their 1947 uniform (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xHjP1chJYqM/TG9wnGXDobI/AAAAAAAAAnk/Q4_r_AYF2-M/s1600/Florida+State.jpg) with modern number font and wordmark. Also sublimated the spear on the undershirt because they wouldn't be FSU without it. The helmet draws from their 1966 helmet with a number on the opposite side.

Northern Illinois gets a more modern uniform, with a more prominent "husky grey." I put beveling in the number to match the logo I chose for the helmet. (NOTE I made these before the actual uniforms were released, the numbers are a conincidence.)

rosebowl_zps311d9fac.png

Stanford I kept really simple because they shouldn't go very crazy. Matte white helmet with a wider stripe. For the jersey I gave them a tree line trim on their collars to give them a unique element.

Wisconsin I used their badger logo as an inspiration, with the stripes on the jersey to match the sweater only being visible in the right light or camera flash.

fiestbowl_zps3d12d62f.png

For the Fiesta Bowl Oregon goes black, chrome and lime. Lime accents and chrome numbers. (Note the fading is meant to replicate shine not a gradient)

KSU gets an asymetrical look with the same flashy material for their numbers, along with a chrome helmet with oversized powercat.

bcs_zps416ed1ca.png

For the championship I didn't want to leave the teams the same (which I don't think either should change) so I chose to look at this one from a what could their sponsors possible do that wouldn't look horrible. Both borrow elements from past uniforms.

Alabama uses an vintage white color (which as I am regretting as I post this) and borrows some undershirt stripes from their 1915 uniform. (http://3.bp.blogspot...600/Alabama.jpg)

Notre Dame gets the letters on the chest ONLY because I found they had a history of doing so in 1887. The rest of the uniform is inspired by the 1938 and green era uniforms, with shamrock sublimation on the undershirt (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xHjP1chJYqM/TG_gsPkvcgI/AAAAAAAAAoM/Lm7w4UUEyhA/s1600/Notre+Dame-SampleVersion.jpg)

These are really nice! The only thing that I could really critique would be that on first glance, I thought that the shamrock pattern on the undershirt of the Notre Dame uniforms was a leopard pattern. Other than this these are very solid concepts.

spacer.png

I realize it was an intentional throwback to the '47 uniform but I just can't get behind that shade of gold for Florida State.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived