New York Knicks alternative logo concept

OliverP

i think this is an excellent concept that just needs fine tuning a bit. instead of trying to explain it, i thought it might be easier if i just showed you. my paths arn't very clean here either, but mostly this logo needs a color application adjustment (and even a hue adjustment, your colors are looking really faded) and some stronger, manlier strokes

screenshot20130613at640.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Listened to your suggestions and I've also added an orange outer outline. Here's the update:

NewYorkKnicksV2_zpsbc0b812f.jpg

i think this is an excellent concept that just needs fine tuning a bit. instead of trying to explain it, i thought it might be easier if i just showed you. my paths arn't very clean here either, but mostly this logo needs a color application adjustment (and even a hue adjustment, your colors are looking really faded) and some stronger, manlier strokes

I think OliverP's intention was to match the current color scheme, which looks pretty faded as is, IMO. The other reason why I think his version compliments the current primary is the gray being used for the perspective and I think it illustrates a NY-like skyline pretty well. I could easily see what he made being incorporated into a shorts logo or warm-ups.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gif

Listened to your suggestions and I've also added an orange outer outline. Here's the update:

I think OliverP's intention was to match the current color scheme, which looks pretty faded as is, IMO. The other reason why I think his version compliments the current primary is the gray being used for the perspective and I think it illustrates a NY-like skyline pretty well. I could easily see what he made being incorporated into a shorts logo or warm-ups.

No offense to Brandon Moore, i love his logos and concepts (damn i just sounded like Kanye West), but i was going for everything funkatron101 said. i went for the original colorways, i wanted letters to look like skyscrapers, i wanted to keep the original ball and try to keep it simple so here is an update so you can tell me is there anything else you would like to see or change.

NewYorkKnicksV3_zpsc7562795.jpg

No offense to Brandon Moore, i love his logos and concepts (damn i just sounded like Kanye West), but i was going for everything funkatron101 said. i went for the original colorways, i wanted letters to look like skyscrapers, i wanted to keep the original ball and try to keep it simple so here is an update so you can tell me is there anything else you would like to see or change.

NewYorkKnicksV3_zpsc7562795.jpg

no problem man, i wasnt sure how far you wanted to push it. but just making those strokes thicker makes a big difference. looks much better now

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived