St. louis blues new marketing package

STL FANATIC

I was looking on at the Blues site today and I found some hints of the Blues new marketing scheme. I was watching a postgame last season about the Bleed Blue thing they had/have. They won many awards with it, and were goin to keep it but have a very cool new package supposedly. I'd say they've done it by goin retro.

I can see a shirt with this on it, and that shirt on me...

0304newlook_sm.gif

newlook_blu_lg.gif

Other than the retro jerseys campaign the NHL is doing this year, is there a particular reason the NHL seems to be adopting a retro marketing scheme on mass? Even the Ducks seem to have gone for a mock retro feel with the blkack alternate that was posted a few days ago!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Other than the retro jerseys campaign the NHL is doing this year, is there a particular reason the NHL seems to be adopting a retro marketing scheme on mass? Even the Ducks seem to have gone for a mock retro feel with the blkack alternate that was posted a few days ago!

A lot of sports in the US are on kind of a retro kick... I'm not sure what triggered the trend, but you can't walk down the street without seeing a retro jersey of some sort.

It looks like the Plager brothers live! That player in the retro logo looks like one of my old hockey cards of them.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

It looks like the Plager brothers live! That player in the retro logo looks like one of my old hockey cards of them.

JeffB

Fortunately, Billy and Bobby still do live.  Barc died of brain cancer about 15 years ago.  

I just got a pocket schedule from the ticket office and it features the retro designs shown above.  Even before the Bleed Blue campaign, I've always felt the Note's marketing people have done a great job.  Their billboard campaigns in metro St. Louis have been awesome for the past several years.  

I guess the popularity of NFL throwbacks, MLB's TBTC games and now the NBA's occasional retro nights are giving the NHL the impetus to do the same.  I know the Blues will be donning 1980-81 uniforms for a pair of games with the Kings, but as long as they are playing at Savvis and not the Arena (which is now a pair of ugly office buildings), the retro bit will only go so far in my heart and mind.  Also, I would have preferred the original '67 uniforms instead of the Federko-era duds.

Hey YH, can I get that schedule for free? They usually have them out all over, but I haven't seen any yet.

Go to the Blues' website and sign up for info about group sales.  They'll send you a schedule and a leaflet about ticket packages. That's how I got mine.

...but as long as they are playing at Savvis and not the Arena (which is now a pair of ugly office buildings), the retro bit will only go so far in my heart and mind.

They finally built something there, eh?  Any idea if they're have, or are going to, put up some sort of commemeration?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

...but as long as they are playing at Savvis and not the Arena (which is now a pair of ugly office buildings), the retro bit will only go so far in my heart and mind.

They finally built something there, eh? Any idea if they're have, or are going to, put up some sort of commemeration?

There's nothing yet but there's occasional talk of some kind of marker or plaque.  Actually, the office complex that is being developed there is called The Highlands which is a nod to the amusement park that once bordered the Arena on the eastern side and is now Forest Park Community College.  The roofs of the two buildings that have already gone up are wavy like the roller coaster that once ran at the park.  I turn my nose up at it every time I drive down Highway 40.  Clearly the Old Barn was beyond salvage for an NHL quality facility but I really think with some ingenuity and investment capital, the building could have been used for another purpose.  Unfortunately I have little of the former and none of the latter!

Archived