The AFL...submitted for your approval contest

zoneranger

..............tzch3.jpg

Submitted for your approval...

I would like to hypothesize that the American Football League was formed five years earlier than in this reality ...in 1955. Cities hosting teams would be Buffalo, Boston, New York, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Houston, Oakland, Minneapolis, and Atlanta. Minneapolis because this is five years before the the NFL would offer Minnesota a franchise and Minnesota was originally an AFL franchise city. Oakland was originally Minnesota's backup when the NFL swiped them, but in this reality, Barron Hilton, the owner of the Chargers, refuses to field a team unless there is another team in California, and thus Oakland is chosen. Atlanta was an original choice for AFL expansion, along with Miami and Cincinnati, but in this scenario, Lamar Hunt wants to get the drop on the NFL, who is also exploring expansion in Atlanta.

I'd like to sponsor a logo contest . The basic premise involves the old American Football League. When the AFL first took the field in 1960, many of the teams had no logo(or a very poor one) This contest would be to name the team and design a logo and wordmark for it. (No uniforms are necessary)

Rules: 1) This contest will start Aug. 15 and end August 29. 2)You must post your entries to this thread because 3) Once a city is "claimed" by you with your posted entry, no one else will be allowed to use that city for an entry. 4) Any questions, concerns or conflicts should be posted in this thread and I will address them. 5)Oh, yes--a nifty banner (to be posted later) will provided for the talented winner.

Your next stop....1955 and the American Football League....

cfg.jpg41QN7ATP9VL._AA280_.jpg

Good question!...1955 was a much simpler time and logos were simpler too. I think you should go for a retro look but still something that will make your team stand out in '55. Does that make any sense? It's a 1955 logo with 2005 technology. :D

There will be no "claiming" cities. You will "claim" a city by posting your entry.

After that, you will be allowed one modification of your original entry. This is to deter someone from slopping together an entry just to claim a city. It kind of puts the pressure on you to get a good entry in so that you can have that city because you don't know if someone else is wanting that city or not.

Rmered,

As far as your early entry, it must be submitted first after August 15 for you to "claim" Houston. Sorry.

There will be no "claiming" cities. You will "claim" a city by posting your entry.

After that, you will be allowed one modification of your original entry. This is to deter someone from slopping together an entry just to claim a city. It kind of puts the pressure on you to get a good entry in so that you can have that city because you don't know if someone else is wanting that city or not.

Rmered,

As far as your early entry, it must be submitted first after August 15 for you to "claim" Houston. Sorry.

Aug 15 here? Or Aug 15 there? :)

If someone could get rid of my post it would be appreciated.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

You didn't realize it when you starting to read this... but this is an update to this contest...Mirroring real life....the rules have changed...any entry posted after right now, this very second, will constitute your claim to a city.

File it under "C" for "Change of Plans" in the Twilight Zone....

tzch2.jpg

Here's my stab at it...

The Boston Commas

I was considering the colon, but the visuals might come out crap! Then there's the period, ah... never mind! A possible nickname would be the Mas for short. So, if they're good, the fans cry "Lick 'em Mas!" But if they suck instead, "No Mas, No Mas!" If they play so-so, their only playing "half mas" If this franchise (and league) lasts until the Internet age, they could have a Commasdotcom URL!

mas.gif

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

Archived