Portland Football

sc49erfan15

I'm back in concept mode (at least for a little while) and staying on the west coast, but just a little farther south...the University of Portland Pilots:

PortlandFootball1.png

-Only two colors, purple and white...result in a pretty simple uniform set. All of Portland's other sports have pretty traditional uniforms, and it's a private Catholic university...so traditional seemed like the way to go.

-I know a lot of people hate royal purple on football uniforms...but man, I rather like it, especially when it's on its own like this.

-Not much in the way of logos...you got your primary "Pilots" mark, and then the "P" that the baseball team uses on their caps...and that's about it. A nice secondary could possibly work somewhere, perhaps as a patch on the front of the pants...but I'm happy with it the way it is.

What do you think? Bring on the C&C.

I'll start on my next concept soon...already know the team!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

About the only thing I'd do differently here is a more simple helmet logo, maybe the script P would work better than the Pilots primary logo. If you really want to keep the primary logo on the uniform somehow, I'd suggest a patch on either the left front breast opposite the NCAA logo or the front of the left pant leg. Otherwise, excellent work.

QPR%20Sig.png

I'm back in concept mode (at least for a little while) and staying on the west coast, but just a little farther south...the University of Portland Pilots:

PortlandFootball1.png

-Only two colors, purple and white...result in a pretty simple uniform set. All of Portland's other sports have pretty traditional uniforms, and it's a private Catholic university...so traditional seemed like the way to go.

-I know a lot of people hate royal purple on football uniforms...but man, I rather like it, especially when it's on its own like this.

-Not much in the way of logos...you got your primary "Pilots" mark, and then the "P" that the baseball team uses on their caps...and that's about it. A nice secondary could possibly work somewhere, perhaps as a patch on the front of the pants...but I'm happy with it the way it is.

What do you think? Bring on the C&C.

I'll start on my next concept soon...already know the team!

And what team would that be, sir???

I LIKE IT!!!!

Just two minor gripes: one already got mentioned, by your boy Moser316...try the more simplistic "P" on the helmet. Other than that, the double striping you employ elsewhere...why not try that with the white socks if not both sets?

I see this a a "Purple Indy Colts"...which is pretty good. And by the way, count me among the few who like purple...especially when used like this. (Just make sure P-Luke don't see this or he may :puke: at his screen...j/j)

My final assessment? In the spirit of the school nickname (and Craig and Day-Day from Friday After Next)...TOP FLIGHT!!!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Excellent job. This coming from someone going to a fellow WCC school. I love how there's not a bit of black in here, since that's essentially dominating their basketball uniforms. I personally prefer the primary logo on the helmet, since that's the most identifiable part of their identity.

VmWIn6B.png

I don't think anyone else is going to resurrect this from the depths of Page 2, so I'll post my revisions:

PortlandFootball2.png

-I took Bucco B's suggestion of stripes on the socks.

-I actually considered the script P on the helmets. I liked the way it could double as the P for Portland or Pilots, but I chose the full logo because Portland is the only NCAA school of any division with "Pilots" as their nickname (LSU-Shreveport and Bethel (IN) College are both NAIA) and interestingly, none of the three refer to airplane pilots...but to riverboat pilots. Therefore, I thought having "Pilots" on the helmet would be unique, but I didn't really like the way just the script look. So...there's the rationale behind that. ^_^

To everyone who commented...thanks, much appreciated!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived