2015 Winter Classic Concept

OhioSportsMan61

Hey all,

It's been a while since I have had some time to make some concepts. I've had this idea floating around in my mind for a while now (since the Capitals unveiled their uniforms for the winter classic), and I finally had some time to put this together.

For the Capitals, I really do like what they're wearing for the WC, but I think that the barber pole striping on the yoke is a little overkill. Because of this, I changed the yoke design a little so that it both honors the original intentions of their design (homage to past teams), and also speaks to the District of Columbia.

I also like what the Blackhawks are wearing, but don't necessarily see it sticking around because it is wayyyy to similar to their current road uniforms. What I put together is a little mashup fauxback combining elements from different eras in Blackhawks history.

C&C always appreciated. Enjoy!

CAPSWCf_zpsedf71c9c.png

CHIWCF_zps728be165.png

edit....I also have a full set based off of this WC concept for the Caps that I will post soon!

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Copy cat! Caps look great! The blackhawks aren't an instant like, but looking at it more I like it.

I honestly have no idea what you're referencing here, I was basing the yoke striping off of a concept that I worked on over the summer but never got around to posting

CapsFullPrimary_zps5bfebc25.png

but thanks I'm sure that wasn't meant to be hostile. When I first started on the Hawks one, the barber pole striping grew on me too after some time. I really wanted to incorporate them to make a modernized version of one of their early uniforms.

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Hey all,

It's been a while since I have had some time to make some concepts. I've had this idea floating around in my mind for a while now (since the Capitals unveiled their uniforms for the winter classic), and I finally had some time to put this together.

For the Capitals, I really do like what they're wearing for the WC, but I think that the barber pole striping on the yoke is a little overkill. Because of this, I changed the yoke design a little so that it both honors the original intentions of their design (homage to past teams), and also speaks to the District of Columbia.

I also like what the Blackhawks are wearing, but don't necessarily see it sticking around because it is wayyyy to similar to their current road uniforms. What I put together is a little mashup fauxback combining elements from different eras in Blackhawks history.

C&C always appreciated. Enjoy!

CAPSWCf_zpsedf71c9c.png

CHIWCF_zps728be165.png

edit....I also have a full set based off of this WC concept for the Caps that I will post soon!

I like the design for Chicago, I think removing the stripes on the yoke would make it look better. I wouldn't mind seeing a black version of it as a possible third jersey for the Blackhawks.

Archived