Recchi signs with Penguins

pittunited

No details yet, but it looks like Mark Recchi will be back in the black and gold next season... Now to sign Kovalev!

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Penguins sign free agent Mark Recchi

Friday, July 09, 2004

By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Penguins signed free-agent right winger Mark Recchi this morning.

It is believed to be a three-year deal, but terms were not immediately available.

Recchi, 36, was Philadelphia?s leading scorer in 2003-04, when he had 75 points.

He was the Penguins? fourth-round draft choice in 1988, and played on their Stanley Cup-winning team in 1991. He was traded to Philadelphia in February 1992 as part of the deal that brought Rick Tocchet, Kjell Samuelsson and Ken Wregget to the Penguins.

Recchi?s wife, Alexis, is a native of this area and they have maintained an off-season residence here.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Wow. Very good for the Penguins. Now they have at least one good person to play when Mario is injured.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Who in the right mind would sign with the Penguins?

He must be getting paid ridiculously, even for a hockey player... But I doubt that, seeing as how the Pens are in financial turmoil right about now...

Who in the right mind would sign with the Penguins?

Well, apparently Marck Recchi would.

Exactly, I'm sure he'll enjoy Kansas City very much.

I keed, I keed.

Archived