The Return of the RBL

rykochristie

Yes. I have made them. I am the procrastinator. THE procrastinator. Lemoncoppy up before the end of the week.

You've said that far too many times. Trust me, I'm a procrastinator too, but this is just silly. You've put it off way too long.
Agreed. If I get a good picture with my crappy iPad camera, Lemoncoppy is being posted tonight. If not, the jerseys will be posted tomorrow. This is my final update.

What's stopping you from posting now?
as you can imagine based off of my severe procrastination issues, my house is a mess. I'm gonna do some quick house cleaning then have some dinner. You can expect Lemoncoppy by 8:30-9:00. I have no more big excuses however, as last week was the end of my exams.

Fear the future, envy the past

I present to you... The Lemoncoppy Innovators!

First sorry for the crap image, my camera is horrible

One of the Original 8 teams in the RBL, Lemoncoppy was known for being annually at the bottom of the standings until recent years. Lemoncoppy is a very technologically advanced city, hence the name. They were founded in 1930 by Irv Greene, the first captain of the team. Although Greene was one of the best infielders of the game, Lemoncoppy received minimal playoff exposure until the late 60s, under Irv Greene, Jr., the son of Greene. During the expansion era, they were anchored by SS Clemente Valido, 3B Leo Houghtaling, and pitchers Lefty Vogelzang and Setano Tuoro. In 1968, Valido's final season, Lemoncoppy reached the Championship Series but lost to the Tigers. They again remained quiet through the 80s and 90s. In 2007, Lemoncoppy was awarded the first spot in the draft- and they capitalized. They used their first pick on 18-year old prodigy Evan Nguyen, son of a Thai immigrant. Second round pick was 17-year old Percy Echevarrias out of the small autonomous state of Vôy. 3-round pick was Mikhail Lurin, a starting pitcher with a killer slider. In 2015, #1 prospect Keith Lock was called up to the majors by Lemoncoppy.

STARTING LINEUP

C- Reid Ogletree

1B- Sam Stapleton

2B- Reid Restarrken

SS- Evan Nguyen

3B- Kevin Carlla

LF- Percy Echevarrias

CF- Hale Sturm

RF- Nicos Algon

KEY PITCHERS

SP- Diego Dalbanito

SP- Juan Proo

SP- Mikhail Lurin

SP- Dustin Vogelpohl

SP- Rhett Appleyard

MR- Braulio Queríon

MR- Derek Black

MR- Geraldo Verracaint

MR- Peter Rosales

CP- Alberto Sanciprian

C&C on the Jerseys and Team is appreciated

Like CyGuy5 said, your numbers are a little big and the wordmarks are difficult to read. I think this is because you are limiting yourself with a small template. Use the whole paper so you can draw the jerseys larger and show more detail. On the home uniform, white and yellow should always be separated with black, I'm pretty sure you did this, just making sure those are actually black and not pencil lines on the sleeves and collar. I also feel like the positioning of the baseball in the logo could use work, right now its too hidden and looks kind of thrown together. Maybe make the baseball bigger and put the L inside of it. Anyways, those are just some minor nitpicks, I always love seeing new hand-drawn concepts, and I'm excited for the rest of this series.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

Like CyGuy5 said, your numbers are a little big and the wordmarks are difficult to read. I think this is because you are limiting yourself with a small template. Use the whole paper so you can draw the jerseys larger and show more detail. On the home uniform, white and yellow should always be separated with black, I'm pretty sure you did this, just making sure those are actually black and not pencil lines on the sleeves and collar. I also feel like the positioning of the baseball in the logo could use work, right now its too hidden and looks kind of thrown together. Maybe make the baseball bigger and put the L inside of it. Anyways, those are just some minor nitpicks, I always love seeing new hand-drawn concepts, and I'm excited for the rest of this series.

I was originally going to do the word mark in cursive, but I have horrendous handwriting. To answer your question, yes that is black, not just pencil. Also, thank you for your interest. As for the series, Finitopia, Lemoncoppy's arch rival, is coming this weekend!

Also... I would love C&C on player names and league history too!

Honestly, your concepts have quite some improvements needed.

First of all, the jerseys are too small! Make the jerseys larger so we can see more of the wordmarks and numbers and stuff. Same goes for the caps.

The road jersey is traditionally the gray one, so it's best to make the yellow jersey the alternate.

For the team called the Innovators, how about we get a logo more...innovating, perhaps? Maybe you could somehow work in the high tech industries into it.

Despite the need for several major improvements, you certainly have the potential! Keep it up!

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Honestly, your concepts have quite some improvements needed.

First of all, the jerseys are too small! Make the jerseys larger so we can see more of the wordmarks and numbers and stuff. Same goes for the caps.

The road jersey is traditionally the gray one, so it's best to make the yellow jersey the alternate.

For the team called the Innovators, how about we get a logo more...innovating, perhaps? Maybe you could somehow work in the high tech industries into it.

Despite the need for several major improvements, you certainly have the potential! Keep it up!

Thanks for the c&c man! I am trying to incorporate maybe some buildings in to the 'Novs logo. For the flames, I am making everything larger, don't worry. As for the Novs jerseys, I mixed up the away and alt jersey, I forgot to include that in my description.

Like others have said, for a team named the Innovators, the uniforms are incredible lay boring. It also think you should be more consistent with your colors. Black seems like no more than an outline on the home, but becomes very prominate in the gold jersey. The logo is also very generic. I'm glad you finally posted.

Archived