Let the pagan idolotry & worshipping begin!

MoJoTo

Logo-Creamer03.jpg

All the simple shapes of the classic logo-circle, square/rectangle, triangle- blended and caressed into a tribute that is the man's life. All lovingly hand drawn, except for the Leaf, of course. A copy for the ages.

A color scheme and wordmark that says old-style values in these modern times. A puck symbolizing the shot on goal into a stylized net with a red light signaling "Scoooore!" in the way his life does. Accented with a John Lennon reference, paraphrasing what we we all know and understand - He is The Logo!

Humblely submitted on this 18th Day of July, in the year of our Lord, 2004.

In the words of J. Jonah Jameson from Spider-Man:

"Total crap. You're fired."

Just kidding, of course. ^_^ In all seriousness, though, I'm not real crazy about some of the elements. The font forms are really odd (what font is that?), and the gap between Creamer's name and the ribbon is a little too distracting. I think it's a good start, but could be pushed some more. I think adding some white into the background could help, as the white underlying the CC namesake gives off a slash-and-glue feel. I think balancing out the blue line just above the name by doing the same to the opposite side would also improve it a bit. I'm also unsure of what the red lines above the puck are for... I'm getting kind of a CBS vibe from it for some reason.

Overall, I'd say this is a good starting point. I'd like to see it improved on, since I do think it has some potential.

In the words of J. Jonah Jameson from Spider-Man:

"Total crap. You're fired."

Just kidding, of course. ^_^ In all seriousness, though, I'm not real crazy about some of the elements. The font forms are really odd (what font is that?), and the gap between Creamer's name and the ribbon is a little too distracting. I think it's a good start, but could be pushed some more. I think adding some white into the background could help, as the white underlying the CC namesake gives off a slash-and-glue feel. I think balancing out the blue line just above the name by doing the same to the opposite side would also improve it a bit. I'm also unsure of what the red lines above the puck are for... I'm getting kind of a CBS vibe from it for some reason.

Overall, I'd say this is a good starting point. I'd like to see it improved on, since I do think it has some potential.

Thank you. Very much appreciated. I'll keep trying.

Hmmm...probably not. Cause then the contestants could draw ideas from them. I'll let nitroseed say what he thinks though.

How's it feel to have everyone making logos about you? Your ego must be huge now :D

I kid, I kid!

Am I allowed to comment on these contest designs?

I don't think it would be fair to nitroseed's big contest for you to comment.

But I'd really appreciate a PM to let me know if I captured anything that is the essence of who you are. I think I did.

I tried hard on this one. I took a little bit of what nitroseed, Avenger, and Steve-O taught me, or influenced me. I'm quite happy with what I came up with. And I would have never been able to come up with that 4 months ago. And that's because you built this forum.

I can't wait for what the really good guys come up with.

No, the orange looks great. It's the red I'm not crazy about.

Nice design, though.

WiB

Any ideas on a better color combo.

Because I did kind ofa freeze up on my selections. This got tense, being all about the Boss and all.

Can you offer up another combo.

Thank you

Archived