Cincinnati Reds Logo Concept

ECUFan25

Finally found some time to make concepts again and was playing around with a new tool I downloaded to mod my concept making software and came up with a Cincinnati Reds logo I thought looked worth sharing on here. It's a little simple and at first I thought it looked like a tourism poster or a secondary 2015 ASG logo. However, it is not in their actual colors, because I am planning to use it in my MLB redesign (which is NOT dead, just haven't had much time). Anyway, I'll stop blabbing and let the logo speak for itself.

reds_zpsumr3am1n.png

Thanks for reading!,

ECUFan25

Funny you ask this question BigRed, because making this shaded effectively really tested my knowledge of layering images, so if i drop the red background it would look like this

redswhite_zpsgbhznufs.png

Not really a logo, eh?

I'm sorry it looks to much like a logo for a burger joint to me

I do agree that it looks like a 50's style diner or a burger joint. If you were to change this to make it look like a baseball team's mark, this would be really cool.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

This is painful I hate to say. As others have said, it reminds me of a cheeseburger on the red background, and on the white background the "Shading" you call it, is not shading. This mustache logo that is being used around Cincinnati is more of an alternate logo they have come up with for the All Star game and not a primary mark. You need something that identifies Cincinnati Reds with it, and this doesn't, nor will it work as a hat logo or jersey logo.

There are tons of flaws in each (curves need to be smoother, nothing is aligned, what are those red circles above the mustache?) Cincinnati Reds typeface doesn't fit.

I'd scrap this and start from scratch. Also what program are you using to design?

This is painful I hate to say. As others have said, it reminds me of a cheeseburger on the red background, and on the white background the "Shading" you call it, is not shading. This mustache logo that is being used around Cincinnati is more of an alternate logo they have come up with for the All Star game and not a primary mark. You need something that identifies Cincinnati Reds with it, and this doesn't, nor will it work as a hat logo or jersey logo.

There are tons of flaws in each (curves need to be smoother, nothing is aligned, what are those red circles above the mustache?) Cincinnati Reds typeface doesn't fit.

I'd scrap this and start from scratch. Also what program are you using to design?

I've actually been working on a new version lately, just haven't posted it yet, school's just starting back up and classes are starting to get hard. Also I use iVinci to design( basically an OS X ripoff of Inkscape although it shares a few similarities with Illustrator).

Archived