US Soccer concept

MJWalker45

I was thinking over the upcoming crest change for the US National Team and tried to come up with something a little better. My first idea is to go with USA over simply US as is currently on the crest. I also wanted to have the stars ad stripes involved. For this concept there are 11 stars on the shield. 10 in the background behind the USA and the one up front. This signifies that all 11 players should like to be the man but must also support the rest of the squad as well.

usa%20logo%20shield%20v7_zps9calptc8.png

usa%20soccer%20home%20kit%202016_zps8zlx

For the first kit I went back to the Waldo kits because I really feel the USA should make that our look. Peru also has a sash so let them keep it. Not too many national sides use hopes or pinstripes. Here the stripes are at an angle though in the future I could do horizontally or vertically with the stripes. the intent is to mimic the way a flag waves as a player runs down the field.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The ball-behind-shield almost looks like a basketball going through a hoop. Ditch the ball (and the checker pattern inside the USA text). I think if you put the "USA" text entirely in the blue field, put 11 stars there, and get rid of the big star/circle combo out front, you'd have a winner.

The uniforms are almost perfect. I would get rid of the blue square bordering the front number and leave it as a white space for the number. Other than that, great job on the unis.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

The crest is way too clunky, and the uniforms are just plain weird. SIMPLIFY MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

The crest is too busy. I would simplify the colors to red, white, and blue only (you are using 6 colors now). The ball isn't necessary as a part of the identity. Your stars and circle are stretched vertically which looks odd (they should match the shape of the stars on the USA flag). The red and white stripes would look better if they were the same width, which they are not now (they don't need a blue outline either). Remove the diamond texture in the USA (it isn't needed). I would also make all the strokes/outlines a consistent width.

Archived