Cleveland Indians Logo/Uniform Concept

Believeland1994

The Indians, have been a team surrounded by controversy involving their iconic Chief Wahoo logo which has since been demoted to a secondary logo back in 2014 in favor of the very bland and unpopular Block C logo which adorns the road and alternate home caps. I've been a lifelong Tribe fan and I have always loved the Chief logo and I tend to use the hashtag #KeepTheChief on twitter at times but in honesty, the Tribe needs a new primary logo and that is the first thing you'll see in this series ranging from a rebranded logo to a new uniform design. (No I'm not going the route of the D-Backs if you're curious.) But with my concept logo, It will give the Tribe a logo that I'm sure both Pro Wahoo and Anti Wahoo fans can cope with so here it is below:

Primary Logo:

Cz7Jxep.png?1

• The logo is in a roundel form with red white and blue are represented that will be represented on the uniforms.
  • In the roundel, the ball club's wordmark logo is used with a baseball seems in the background to add a little something to an already blank background.
  • Baseball Club, the year the team was established and the years the Tribe won the World Series with the World Series trophy above are represented with additional years to be added if future titles are won.
  • The logo would be used as a primary logo seen across Progressive (Jacobs) Field, team wear, team items and the Indians on deck circle.

There are a few tweaks that I may need to make like for example, one of the seems overlapping I would need to fix at a later date, but overall I like how the logo turned out to be clean and classy and not as busy as my Cavs concept logo.
Let me know what you think and would like to hear some feedback on possible improvements as I go on.

Just one before I die.

33933305.jpg

I like this concept, but I'm not a fan of having the World Series championship years on the logo. Fellow Clevelanders don't need to be reminded that the Indians haven't won since 1948

Haha yeah, and also I think it creates too many elements and makes the logo clunky. Also, incorporate some sort of logo that is acceptable to Wahoo haters and acceptable for Wahoo fans too. Make your own logo to put in the center instead of the Indians font, which tends to be boring. Make it your own and cool to both sides.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

3 different fonts. (not including the script)

Everything seems to be a different pixelation

no to the world series trophy on there, because the color doesn't match and it looks too small. No to the EST. being so small. make the outline bigger if you want to do the "est. 1901"

tinysig.jpg

If you could create you own logo that would be cool as mentioned above. If you decided to tweak what you have already started, I'd say you have to simplify it. Too many dates on there currently.

I think you could extend the Indians wordmark out so that it extends past the roundel. In doing this, you would have to remove your est by dates as well. Move "Cleveland" up to where you have the dates at the top. I would also change the font on "baseball club" to match the font of "Cleveland." As jrcollis714 mentioned, the Indians wordmark is a little dull...you could try to add some dimension to it. Take a look at the Brewers logo, I think you could pull some inspiration from that.

spacer.png

It's too busy yet too plain, if that makes sense. Lacks continuity and a lot of different fonts going on, yet the overall design is still rather plain. I would remove the World Series trophy and the year Cleveland won it, and put "Cleveland in that position. I would also flip the blue in the roundel with the red, because you're logo is very close to what the Twins have.

Putting my two cents in again...my suggestion would be put Cleveland on top in place of the WS years, keep the Indians script where it's at, and then remove the club so all you have is baseball. I never been a fan of referring to a baseball team as a club.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Archived