American Soccer Association(8/30) Houston added

JosiahWVU

American Soccer Assosiation  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I forgot to mention it but LA United is the winningest  team in ASA Cup history with 15 ASA Cups. It took them 10 years to win a Cup but then won 4 in a row from 1959-62 then again in 1965, 76, 77, and then from 1983 to 1989 won a North American sports record(I think, correct me if I'm wrong) 6 in a row. Again they won in 1996. They have made it to 3 ASA Cups in the 21st century but have not won a Cup.

I'm currently working on Carolina.

IxkieML.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carolina Flyers

(I know this is the name of a team in Raysox's yakball thread, but I did ask permission to use to from Raysox)

Founded:1955

The Carolina Flyers were added to the league in 1955 and won their first ASA Cup in 1957. The Flyers did not have a winning season after that until 1964... when they again won the ASA Cup. In 1980 the team was relocated to Arizona. In 1990, in the midst of a lockout season, the ASA granted Carolina a team and they used the same name as they did before. Again the Flyers had success early and won the ASA Cup in 1992(giving this franchise only its first ASA Cup, but the team, 3). The Flyers have always used argyle since 2000. The primary is monochrome Carolina Blue, the clash is mono royal blue(to satisfy the Duke fans) and the third is white. The kits are made by Nike and the sponsor is Bank of America.

YsCk1t9.jpg

I made the logo in publisher, not paint.

I put the logo in a circle because on the home its lost in the jersey color, and I wanted consistency on the clash. It didn't look good on the clash so I just put the logo.

IxkieML.png

Here's A Bonus!!

After following TheGiantsFan's Los Altos League and looking at all of his stadiums. I decided to give it a try. Here's Coca-Cola Field, home of Rising Atlanta! 

nDG5lAo.jpg

Built in 1996 as the Atlanta Olympic Stadium, it was transformed after the games to host Rising Atlanta. Surrounding the stadium is the Olympic Park. in front of the stadium are statues that are of the teams founder, and Hall of Fame, coach, and then a star player from 1991 Championship season.

Next up will be a team from the west coast.

IxkieML.png

3 hours ago, XenonDesigns said:

I'd maybe move the lower kit detail up between the sponsor and crest for Carolina. Also the Bank of America blue doesn't look good on that blue base.

I tried the argyle between crest and sponsor but it didn't look as good I thought.

IxkieML.png

Man, do post get sent to the second page quick! Anyway...

San Diego Clippers

Founded: 1968

ASA Cups: 1

Founded in 1968 in expansion the San Diego Clippers have one ASA Cup to their name. In 1971 the club clinched their one and only ASA Cup over New York.Since then the team has been threatened by relocation but the owners have made sure the team remained in San Diego. The primary kit is a light blue kit with yellow vertical stripes taken from the logo. The clash is white with the nautical flags "SDC". The third is yellow with waves. The kits are made by Nike(the next team will be different) and the sponsor is Disney.

qPXJiOJ.jpg

Up Next is My Team!

IxkieML.png

1 hour ago, JosiahWVU said:

Man, do post get sent to the second page quick! Anyway...

San Diego Clippers

Founded: 1968

Founded in 1968 in expansion the San Diego Clippers have one ASA Cup to their name. In 1971 the club clinched their one and only ASA Cup over New York.Since then the team has been threatened by relocation but the owners have made sure the team remained in San Diego. The primary kit is a light blue kit with yellow vertical stripes taken from the logo. The clash is white with the nautical flags "SDC". The third is yellow with waves. The kits are made by Nike(the next team will be different) and the sponsor is Disney.

qPXJiOJ.jpg

Up Next is My Team!

The nautical kit is pretty rough. I don't think any professional sports team would just chuck three flags bang on a white kit. Be creative, try something different.

The wave kit looks great in principle. I suggest you move Disney up a bit and the waves down to the Kit's bottom half, so the bottom of the kit can be blue rather than just a random blue wave like you have currently.

Miner SC (Weston, WV)

Founded: 1999

ASA Cups: 1(2007)

Added in the latest expansion in 1999, Miner SC was located in Morgantown, till this season. The ownership was asked by the State of West Virginia to move to Weston to improve the economy there.The team, overall, has not been successful, with losing seasons in every season but one, in 2007 when they one the ASA Cup. The team has a bright future though, because with the first overall pick last season picked a young and talented Canadian striker. The primary kit is yellow with a double sash, and the clash is basically inverted. The third is a "Coal Mining Heritage" all black kit. The mountains are taken from the logo(I know the logo is a recolored Whitecaps logo but it worked with the Mountain State, and underground mining). The kits are made by Under Armour and the sponsor is a fictional manufacturing company my cousin and I created, E&J Products.

YVVBjdf.jpg

Up next is Houston!

IxkieML.png

Space City SC(Houston, TX)

Founded:1999

Another 1999 expansion team, Space City SC, had a slow start but has had recent success, winning the ASA Cup in 2010. The team has been in contention for playoffs but rarely has made it. The home kit is red with blue sleeves. The clash is blue with white sleeves and the third is a "Space City" kit. It is as if you are looking into space. The kits are made by adidas and the sponsor is Shell.

Pd4kTF1.jpg

Next up: NYC

IxkieML.png

You honestly need to slow down and take time to revise these. For the most part, everything is very sloppy. For example, Houston's crest is asymmetrical, the Adidas logo is vastly different sizes on the home and away jersey, the Shell is off center, and the sleeve stripes are very sloppy. You're using the Whitecaps logo rather than your own. Please take time to revise these because they're very sloppy. It would also drastically help if you use MS Paint or Inkscape to make the crests rather than Google Drawings, since that really limits you.

u3J7jjd.png

I saw no need to go back and revise Miner SC. I took time to make sure Houston's crest was symmetrical. I did not notice the adidas logo problem and I will fix that. Also I only used Google drawings for the Boston update. 

Logos are my weak point and I know that, I will try to get better at them.

IxkieML.png

Archived