American Soccer Association(8/30) Houston added

JosiahWVU

American Soccer Assosiation  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For my 100th post I present to you...    American Soccer Association

History: With region leagues growing a group of investors decided to form a professional soccer league in America. In 1949 the league kicked off with 6 teams in, Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, LA, and Charlotte. Since than the league has expanded to 30 teams with the latest expansion in 1999.

Format: There are two conference, East and West. The teams play a 58 game season playing each team at home and on the road once. The top 8 teams from each conference make the playoffs. 1 v. 8  2 v. 7  3 v. 6  4 v. 5 play in a best of 3 series. The next round is best of 5 and the conference championships and ASA Cup are best of 7.

Kits: Prior to the 2016 season the ASA joined with Nike, adidas, and Under Armour to give each team a new set of kits.

Rules:

• 3 Kits(Primary, Clash, Third)
  • Each team will have a sponsor based or started in their area(ex. Pittsburgh-Heinz)
  • I'm not a fan of league wide fonts so each team will have unique font.

Here's the league logo from the 2015 season(2016 logo to come)

bDvFeAq.jpg

The first team will be up soon!

Hint; Atlanta

IxkieML.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rising Atlanta

Founded: 1953

The first team to be added after the original 6, Rising Atlanta has won two ASA Cups, in 1956 and 91. They have been relativity successful. In recent years they have made the playoffs each of the last 6 years and lost to Seattle in the ASA Cup in 2013. The primary kit is peach given the teams nickname "The Peaches". The clash kit is navy and the third is an "Atlanta Pride" kit since the Falcons, Braves, Hawks and UGA use red. The kits are made by adidas and the sponsor is Coca-Cola.

kufbwVr.jpg

What do you think?

Boston or Pittsburgh next?

IxkieML.png

8 minutes ago, RyanB03 said:

Logo is a little sloppy, you might want to fix that up. And LA is really far out for a 1949 league with 5 teams on the far east.

As I said the 2016 season logo will be up soon, and for LA they would travel and play all there away games on one trip and the others would come to LA later.

IxkieML.png

7 minutes ago, XenonDesigns said:

Atlanta's colors are amazing! I like how it ties in Georgia. I like the idea you're going for in the logo but it's quite small and rough. 

Thanks. Do you mean the logo on the kits is small or do you just want to see a larger version?

IxkieML.png

1 hour ago, JosiahWVU said:

As I said the 2016 season logo will be up soon, and for LA they would travel and play all there away games on one trip and the others would come to LA later.

But for the Eastern teams, they have to travel across the country and back again for one game. That's a long trip for 1949 standards. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

8 minutes ago, Uglybus said:

But for the Eastern teams, they have to travel across the country and back again for one game. That's a long trip for 1949 standards. 

Agreed, either Detroit, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, or Cleveland would make more sense. This is your series though

That's what- She

41 minutes ago, mamiller99 said:

Agreed, either Detroit, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, or Cleveland would make more sense. This is your series though

50 minutes ago, Uglybus said:

He's basing this on the 2016 season

I'm not really worried about the LA problem. I thought it was fine. It does take place in 1949. The uniforms are for the 2016 season.

Anyway here's Atlanta's logo.

bsG7uln.jpg

The flame is for the Olympics, the peach is for Georgia and the nickname, and the Phoenix is from the city flag. 

IxkieML.png

Boston Strong SC

Founded: 1945

Originally the Irish Soccer Club of Boston after the Boston Marathon Bombings in 2013 the club changed it's name to remember the victims of the tragedy. Boston Strong SC has won 6 ASA Cups including the first one in 1949. They won again in 1953 and in 1967, 1986, 2000, and last years ASA Cup. The primary kits have always been white and green hoops. The clash is green white shorts. The third is white with green shorts. They have hooped and green socks. The kits are made by Nike and the sponsor is Gillette.

GhCK4as.jpg

IxkieML.png

The problem with Boston is similar to Norwich City's problem this year. You made three pretty good kits but they're all the same color (white and green). You should make it more diverse for at least the third kit, maybe a yellow kit. Just mix it up and I think you'll have a pretty good set.

soflo copy.png

Both Atlanta's and Boston's crests are pretty sloppy and need some improvement. There is a thin white outline on the text and parts of the crest which almost make them look copy and pasted on. For Atlanta, I'd only stick to a few colors on the crest. For Boston, I'd go with a font that's more readable.

u3J7jjd.png

Archived