American Soccer Association(8/30) Houston added

JosiahWVU

American Soccer Assosiation  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the stuff have a look kinda sloppy. If you keep using MSPaint, you should consider using other software to resize and rotate stuff. I used microsoft word in my MSPaint era. I also suggest you to try using monochromatic bitmaps to have anti-aliased parts, and avoid pixelation.

I can't imagine a 60 year old team with 5 championships changing their name. It's like the Knicks changing their name to the Memorials because of 9/11. That kind of thing doesn't happen. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

10 hours ago, Uglybus said:

I can't imagine a 60 year old team with 5 championships changing their name. It's like the Knicks changing their name to the Memorials because of 9/11. That kind of thing doesn't happen. 

I know it wouldn't probably happen but this is my league and I though it was a good idea.

IxkieML.png

18 hours ago, Uglybus said:

The Boston Bruins have been a team for 90 years and have 6 championships.

sigsgsg.png.dd2c63fee3388b4132af271cae3c34b5.png

2 hours ago, XenonDesigns said:

The Boston Bruins have been a team for 90 years and have 6 championships.

I chose the Knicks because they started in the same year and have (I believe; I didn't check) the same amount of championships as Boston Strong.

image.png 

On January 20, 2016 at 8:26 PM, JosiahWVU said:

Rising Atlanta

Founded: 1953

The first team to be added after the original 6, Rising Atlanta has won two ASA Cups, in 1956 and 91. They have been relativity successful. In recent years they have made the playoffs each of the last 6 years and lost to Seattle in the ASA Cup in 2013. The primary kit is peach given the teams nickname "The Peaches". The clash kit is navy and the third is an "Atlanta Pride" kit since the Falcons, Braves, Hawks and UGA use red. The kits are made by adidas and the sponsor is Coca-Cola.

kufbwVr.jpg

What do you think?

Boston or Pittsburgh next?

UGA is NOT in Atlanta, but in Athens, which is a completely different place. If you want to tie in an Atlanta school, try Tech or Georgia State. 

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

3 hours ago, GoGamecocks29 said:

UGA is NOT in Atlanta, but in Athens, which is a completely different place. If you want to tie in an Atlanta school, try Tech or Georgia State. 

I know this, but UGA is a more well known school and ties with that kits color scheme.

IxkieML.png

3 Rivers SC

Founded:1960

Originally made up of steel mill workers who played around Western PA and officially entered the league and soon after won their first ASA Cup in 1966. They won it again in 1993. They have made the playoffs in 6 of the last 10 years, but haven't even made it to the Eastern Conference finals. The home kit takes inspiration from the  city flag. The clash kit is a yellow and black bi-color and the third is a "steel city" kit. The kits are made by Nike and the sponsor is Heinz.

SifJPEG.jpg

IxkieML.png

I don't like the home kit because it's the only place where blue is being used. It looks out of place. I'd ether add it as an accent color on the other uniforms, or replace the blue with yellow or black. 

image.png 

I'm working on updating 3 Rivers and have LA done but first here is the Boston update. I couldn't figure out how to get the logo from Google Drawings on to here(if anybody knows how please tell me!) but I wasn't going to use it anyway on the third.

xro54Qs.jpg

Also, changed Gillette logo color on clash. 

LA is next!

IxkieML.png

LA United

Founded: 1947

In 1946 UCLA and USC had a low amount of soccer players. So the teams decided to merge, for a few seasons until numbers increased(Fictional). So when LA was granted a team in the ASA when the league was created in 1949 the owners took inspiration and named the team after them. USC and UCLA united so the team was called LA United. They also took inspiration to the kits. Their was a battle over who would be used in the primary kit, and UCLA because the team owner was an alum made UCLA the inspiration for primary and later on the third. USC was the inspiration for the clash kit. These kits are made by Nike and the sponsor is Apple.

gPDjECz.jpg

IxkieML.png

2 hours ago, JosiahWVU said:

LA United

Founded: 1947

In 1946 UCLA and USC had a low amount of soccer players. So the teams decided to merge, for a few seasons until numbers increased(Fictional). So when LA was granted a team in the ASA when the league was created in 1949 the owners took inspiration and named the team after them. USC and UCLA united so the team was called LA United. They also took inspiration to the kits. Their was a battle over who would be used in the primary kit, and UCLA because the team owner was an alum made UCLA the inspiration for primary and later on the third. USC was the inspiration for the clash kit. These kits are made by Nike and the sponsor is Apple.

gPDjECz.jpg

At the moment LA's shield isn't symmetrical. With your shield, try doing half first, then copy it and flip horizontally. That way your design looks much neater and better presented.

Archived