Possible uniform change for Clemson in '05?

oz615

One interesting point in this article:

"Purple is a school color, and I don't know of a school in the country that doesn't have their school colors in their uniforms," he said. "I wouldn't want to be the first."

There IS one major Division I school who uses a different set of colors than the official school colors: the University of Colorado (at Boulder). CU's colors are Silver and Gold. Black is NOT an official color. Now in the past, there have been times that Silver has been included in the football uniforms, but most time it is not.

There was a time that CU used blue instead of black... It wasn't quite a powder blue, but it was a touch lighter than royal blue... late 80's I believe.

To be honest, I'm glad CU uses black and gold primarily. I think it looks nice, especially on the all white uniform.

There IS one major Division I school who uses a different set of colors than the official school colors: the University of Colorado (at Boulder).  CU's colors are Silver and Gold.  Black is NOT an official color.

Excellent information. I remember seeing the historical Colorado helmets with silver & black and blue & gold on the Helmet Project.

Not that anyone doubts PANTONE, but here is the link for the CU website listing the school colors (in the left column):

University of Colorado at Boulder

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

getting back to the original topic,here's "and it's not good" part i was refering to

Bowden recently met with a Nike representative to discuss plans for uniforms in 2005. He said it's possible the changes will make Clemson's uniform resemble those of the Miami Hurricanes and the NFL's Denver Broncos.

and y'all aready know if Nike is involved,well y'all know the story

Archived