New Orleans Hornets & Chicago Bulls Concepts

Starchild

After what has seemed like an eternity from my last full concept, I bring you all two.

First, is my completed Chicago Bulls identity package. It's basically the same thing as when I first posted the concept, but this time I've added a road jersey and a more complete logo set (primary, secondary, wordmarks, lettering). I kinda wanted to go for a more pro-look (even though the quality of the stuff isn't as high as it should be since I'm using raster images - but it's close enough for now).

Chicago Bulls Logo Package

Chicago Bulls Uniform Set

Second is my semi-completed New Orleans Hornets package. I went with the second-to-last version of the primary logo (before I tweaked the shape of the wings). As for the jerseys, I initially went with a more blue-focused scheme and more or less left out the teal (and went with a hexagon patterned side design, in a style similar to how the Magic used to have the faded star patterning), but then shifted back to using teal after looking through some old basketball cards from the LJ/Zo/Muggsy era of the Hornets. I also borrowed a little bit of AAO's Hornets design (as I previously asked if I could) because I think he did a fantastic job with his jersey layout for New Orleans. I'm pretty satisfied with it, but I'm certainly open to tweaking it.

Hornets_Logos.gif

Hornets_Uniforms.gif

(PS - Sorry that the jersey images are sorta blurry - it happened during resizing, but at least the wordmarks on the jersey are clear on the logos image - so together I think the full effect can be seen.)

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Starchild,

again the Chi-Bulls, is really good (have seen these in the Spring).

Your Hornets concepts is quite nice - great job! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

love the bulls logo (again), even though i cant see em ditching the black for the navy blue, especially with the excess of navy blue in the league now.

love the hornets concept, but how would the alternate logo look with a teal outline?. see you've got the same side paneling (more or less) on the uniforms as i did on my hornets concept i posted earlier today.

you do plan on putting logos and stuff on the uniforms right? that hornet would look awesome on the side panels of the shorts, and the alternate H logo at the base of the neck on the back, IMO.

good job!

you do plan on putting logos and stuff on the uniforms right? that hornet would look awesome on the side panels of the shorts, and the alternate H logo at the base of the neck on the back, IMO.

I don't think I'll be adding the logos to the uniform or shorts. I tried the primary on the side panels of the shorts, but it just didn't look right - it kinda cluttered up the shorts. As for the secondary on the back of the uniforms, I originally had it there, but after removing it I thought it looked better. I also don't want to have just one set template for the jerseys - the NBA currently has jerseys with and without the logos on the back of the uniforms, so I want to keep that with my concepts as well. If it helps the overall design, I'll include it, and if it works against the design I'll remove it.

Everything is nice, but I love your Hornets logo and both numbers. Are those any font or your custom design?

They're both existing fonts. The font used for the numbers on the Bulls concept is Snickers Straight and the one used on the Hornets concept is Haettenschweiler.

Thanx for the feedback thus far guys, keep 'em coming! :D

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I think that is some fine work there on the Hornets concept! Top to bottom, it's a nice package...

...The Bulls, however, I'm not as keen on.

The colors of the bull in the primary logo look way too similar, and a lot of the definition and detail get lost. Almost comes off a little clip-arty to me. Not saying that you used clip art, but that's the vibe I get from it. I think maybe using the navy color as the dark color would improve that dramatically, and thickening the stroke width would also help.

On the secondary, the serif-type arm coming off of the top left corner of the B forms a bit of a G when combined with the C. Looks more like something for the Green Bay Bulls in that respect. Some minor font adjustments can fix that easily, though. I do like the way the horn comes off the back of the B.

The wordmark has great potential, but I don't think it's quite there yet. I think the letters actually need some kerning love (space in between each letter, in layman's terms), as they seem a bit too squished. The horn effect is nice, and could also be pushed a little more. I'm not as crazy about the Chicago wordmark, because it gives off (especially on the jerseys) a Pistons feel, and almost looks identical fontwise.

The uniforms are nice, if considering that it's a modernized version of their current ones (especially on the shorts), and it's good to have that connection. The jerseys themselves have some issues with the width of the neckline and armhole lines expanding... I get the effect you were going for, but I don't think it came off as well as it could have. Maybe try experimenting with them a bit.

Love the work starchind!, but the bulls logo kinda to me look alike the USF bulls logo, Im not saying anything but, USF might have a problem is the bulls had this, but excellent-o work there starchild

spacer.png

Archived