Providence Rhode Islanders (Updated Concept With Jersey)

Sportsworth

I live in Rhode Island and created this hockey logo that I posted this last week... http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/107224-providence-rhode-islanders/#comment-2579299 The feedback has been positive overall but everyone keeps saying the stick makes the logo unbalanced and that I should change the stick in the logo. I have no reason to change it because I created it knowing what I'm going to do with it on the jersey itself so here it is on a jersey. The state colors on the flag are yellow blue and white. The state flag also has an anchor on it so that's what I added to the shoulder patch.

rilogo.png

Rhode Islanders Logo Concept.png

Rhode Islanders logo.png

6 minutes ago, XenonDesigns said:

I don't see the need to make 2 separate threads for the same team, but I really like the jersey. The anchor is good addition. Are you going to make any away/alternates? 

Sorry is there a way to let the forum know I updated the original thread? Yes I plan on making an away and alternate jersey and once I do I will post it here instead of making a new one. Thanks for the feedback and compliment.

I like the logo, although I'd like to see the anchor featured in the primary.  Maybe an anchor inside the state of RI and get rid of the stick? I don't like the name. Just a pet peeve of mine, but teams that do the whole "Miami Floridians, Houston Texans" thing is lazy to me.  That's like me having a team called the Bangor Mainers.  Sorry if I come off rude. I don't mean to. I just don't care for it.

mainescarf.png

52 minutes ago, SNBSlugger said:

I like the logo, although I'd like to see the anchor featured in the primary.  Maybe an anchor inside the state of RI and get rid of the stick? I don't like the name. Just a pet peeve of mine, but teams that do the whole "Miami Floridians, Houston Texans" thing is lazy to me.  That's like me having a team called the Bangor Mainers.  Sorry if I come off rude. I don't mean to. I just don't care for it.

I'm going to make an alternate with the anchor... As far as the name goes I just liked it, I wasn't trying to be lazy. Your not rude at all, its just your opinion and that's fine. Its kind of a nickname around here, we are always referred to as "Rhode Islanders" so I liked the name. I don't know why the stick is bothering some people, I think its unique looking. Without it there would just be a puck.

Archived