Alabama Baseball League; Huntsville Rockets added (4/12)

jrad523

I found myself to be pretty bored over this spring break, so I decided to crank out some concepts, and I find that baseball logos are some of the most fun to create, so I decided to create some leagues, and if this catches on, I will make more of these and the leagues that will stretch across the United States. I can't decide whether to make each league 8 or 12 teams, maybe some suggestions? Please, if you're going to say something negative, please suggest on how to correct it instead of just saying it's bad, it's greatly appreciated. I plan on cranking out one of these every few days, so we start with the largest city in Alabama, Birmingham. Famous for their steel production, Birmingham joined the league at the beginning, in 1936, and found themselves to be pretty successful, winning 15 championships in 80 years.

Birmingham Melters.jpg 

Main Logo

Melters Cap Logo.png

Cap Logo

Next team! We have the city of Montgomery, and since it was the center of the civil rights movement, I named the team the vigilantes. Joining the league right after the civil rights movement in 1972, the Vigilantes were seen regularly in the playoffs for many years, but were only able to provide 2 championships since their inception.

57003bacee293_MontgomeryVigilantes.thumb

Cap Logo

57003ec8a725a_VigilantesCapLogo.thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...

I like both of the teams so far. If you don't mind I've got some suggestions for some of the cities, such as Tuscaloosa, Huntsville, Auburn, Mobile, etc. Keep up the good work!

591ec53b9bf0a_ABLChamps.png.988aea6f30fd9cb827c4ad87f8b6d031.png

• 2 weeks later...

Here we have the Mobile Rainmen. Established in 1963, the Rainmen have experienced moderate success throughout there years, winning three championships in 1974, 1979, and 2007. As of recent, though the team has been stuck in mediocrity as of recent, just missing out on the playoffs last season.

Mobile Rainmen.jpg

Mobile Rainmen Cap Logo.jpg

Sorry again for not posting for a while, but I was able to crank out a logo that I think is one of the best ones I have created: The Huntsville Rockets. Named for the Rocket city of Huntsville, the Rockets are and have been very successful in the past, winning 16 championships since their inception in the leagues creation in 1936, even winning an astonishing 6 in a row from 1991-1997. Their main logo also doubles as their cap logo. Production might be slow again, but I am hoping to get another team done in time for next week.

Huntsville Rockets.jpg

1 hour ago, jrad523 said:

P.S. I would like to know how to change the topic name so people know that this is an ongoing series, thanks to any responses.

To change the topic name, edit the first post. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

41 minutes ago, Jvhn177 said:

I really do like the Huntsville Rocket, but to much background space, Birmingham looks pretty good, Mobile looks OK, but Montgomery's logo needs a lot of help

Yeah, I think that adding a couple of stars here and there would clear up that problem for Huntsville, and I think I just will redo the Montgomery logo all together.

1 hour ago, Uglybus said:

To change the topic name, edit the first post. 

Thank you!

Archived