Utah Jazz Logo Concept

DanDPM

Don't radially arch italic text! I wanna barf!

Always thought a saxophone for a J and a mountain for an A would help make a good Utah Jazz logo. Of course, it could also end up looking like a Denver smooth jazz station.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 4/21/2016 at 0:29 PM, Htown1141 said:

The font doesn't work. At all. It looks like Arial or something, and a good idea to always keep in consideration is that you should NEVER use a basic font paired with a stylized/ modern logo. Especially if that logo already uses its own font.

This isn't quite correct.  The Twins use a basic font with a stylized logo that uses its own font just fine.  

And the font used in the OP is the non-logo font the Jazz currently use - see endlines and sidelines.

The problem, as admiral pointed out, is the italics, and the odd curving and stretching of "Basketball Club" that doesn't match the shape of the roundel.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

This isn't quite correct.  The Twins use a basic font with a stylized logo that uses its own font just fine.  

And the font used in the OP is the non-logo font the Jazz currently use - see endlines and sidelines.

The problem, as admiral pointed out, is the italics, and the odd curving and stretching of "Basketball Club" that doesn't match the shape of the roundel.

Hmm, oh well. I thought it just seemed too basic and Arial-esque for primary wordmark (IMO tho). But I agree with with others have said about the italics and the curving/stretching of the "basketball club" looks strange and distorted.

Archived